IGNORED

Wife's Christmas present

Freebird

Some or you may have remembered that I bought my wife a new toy about 3 months ago. It is a 2004 Chrysler Crossfire. She loves the car but hated the stereo as, like me, she is spoiled by commercial free satellite radio. So yesterday I had a new Sony stereo installed with Sirius satellite radio. She is a very happy camper now. The problem is, the Crossfire is not exactly a winter car so it won't get a lot of use for a few months. I wanted something with a silver face to match the existing dash as close as possible. To get one in silver, I ended up having to go with a marine unit but I think it turned out pretty well and it sounds fantastic.

I solved that problem for now. I have bluetooth headphones that I link with my phone and play the music I want. Same thing on the bike, Mike and I have bluetooth intercom and I play music when not chatting with him. I stay relaxed on the bike and make it easier on him.

Yes, I have to admit that it really sounds good. There were NO inputs on the stock stereo to connect a satellite system,, Iphod,, etc. The only option would have been a FM modulator and I truly do not like those things. Also, even though the stock unit was supposed to be a good Infinity system, it left a lot to be desired. This Sony sounds 1000% better and not only does it have Sirius but is also IPod/Iphone compatible.

As for stations, we have several that we like but our favorites are probably Coffee House and The Bridge and then The Highway or Outlaw Country. There are several others that we listen to from time to time though.

I think they bill Coffee House as acoustic rock but I wouldn't call it rock at all. They play some good stuff though. The Bright is sort of light classic rock. They Highway is similar to Outlaw Country but with some older stuff thrown in the mix and not as much talking from the DJs.