IGNORED

Smoking a Briskett

tufftom4

My cheap charcoal bullet smoker rusted out so I have been doing a lot of research on small smokers, at first I wanted a gas smoker but after talking to people and reading reviews I decided on an electric smoker because I did not want the hassle of charcoal even though I love the taste. I bought an insulated Masterbuilt with a digital control board and seasoned it the other night. I got up at 4am today to take my Brisket out of the fridge after marinating it overnight with a layer of mustard and a dry rub and I am going to smoke it for 9 hrs and mop it every hour. I will let everyone know how an electric smoker works and if it is worth it.

I built my own smoker over twenty years ago out of 3/8" oil well pipe (new of course). It has served me well fo all these years. I smoke my brisket for two hours and then move it into the house oven at 225 degrees. I leave a thermometer in the brisket until it hits 190 degrees and then wrap it in foil and leave it in an insulated cooler for two hours. Perfectly done every time. The use of rubs and marinade are left to choice.

Now I am hungry.

:farmer:

My cheap charcoal bullet smoker rusted out so I have been doing a lot of research on small smokers, at first I wanted a gas smoker but after talking to people and reading reviews I decided on an electric smoker because I did not want the hassle of charcoal even though I love the taste. I bought an insulated Masterbuilt with a digital control board and seasoned it the other night. I got up at 4am today to take my Brisket out of the fridge after marinating it overnight with a layer of mustard and a dry rub and I am going to smoke it for 9 hrs and mop it every hour. I will let everyone know how an electric smoker works and if it is worth it.

What time are you serving?:smile5:

Let's see, if I leave WI now, I can get there by ........

RR

I had an electric smoker years ago and it worked very well. The heating element finally burned out. For whatever reason, I never did replace it and a couple of years ago finally bought a new combination unit. It has a gas grill on the left, a charcoal grill beside that and the smoker box on the side of the gas grill. I really do like it. The electric smoker was easier though.

I smoke lots of things, pork shoulder, brisket, chicken, ribs, turkey, and the list goes on & on.

I use wood (in Texas there is not anything else)

Once the smoke clears (let it burn for an hour or two before placing the meat on) I place place the meat and let it cook for a couple hours then wrap in foil for the rest of the time. This will let the meat cook in the juice and will be very tasty.

Marinating it overnight? Try italian dressing. It works very well and will keep you from having to mop with anything.

Let me know how it turns out and I will come on up.

:dancefool: