IGNORED

got a nice gift from the daughter

oldgoat

got a package from Amber my daughter today and i forgot to open it.

well i just opened it and what do i see?

a new cell phone an AT&T one nothing fancy just a samsung one with a camera. she said dear Dad im tired of you and that damn tracfone. i cant talk to you with out useing up your minutes. so Justin (son-inlaw) and I said you need this. it comes with 700 minutes and unlimited phone to phone? you can now call me anytime. boy is she asking for it now! so i have to learn this phone. im not good with new things. but now im at least in the circle? what do you do with kids like this? :bighug:

Good for you. I find that I don't use near as many minutes as I thought. I am on Verizon and most of the people that I talk to happen to be on Verizon also. Therefore, I am not charged any time for the people that I talk to the most. It works out really well for me. I never use 700 minutes a month due to that.

tracfone IS a good product for those that don't have a lot of usage. I got one for a friend that calls his brother and family in Germany every day. No contract, no obligations and crystal clear conversations across the pond. A global phone from Verizon can run $50 a month or so(don't ask me how I know), the tracfone is less than $30 a month.

I'm fairly happy with my Tracfone, in fact just upgraded my old pushbutton flipphone to a new touchscreen model. But in general,I don't talk alot. And I can still get incoming calls on my old landline for free, which I have my DSL for computer on.

I also use Yahoo Voice for calling out from my computer. I bought $10 worth of minutes there a year ago, and still have time left (voice over IP).

Wonderful gift. Now set a time--once a day , or once a week, etc. and make your one on one time to visit. I added a phone to my familys plan and gave to my Mom when she was alive. It gave me peace knowing, if she got stranded, she could call me or somebody for help. She barely if ever used it, but it was there.

Bill

Good for you. I find that I don't use near as many minutes as I thought. I am on Verizon and most of the people that I talk to happen to be on Verizon also. Therefore, I am not charged any time for the people that I talk to the most. It works out really well for me. I never use 700 minutes a month due to that.

Don,

I don't know how many minutes you normally use but a few years ago a corp. rep. came to our business and I asked about any alternative plans. We had 700 as well and were barely touching 300. He told us about a plan for 550 shared minutes. I just logged into our account our family plan is called Nationwide Loyalty Share 550. If I recall it was at least $20 cheaper.

oldgoat. It is always nice to know that you have family looking out for you.

it did come with a few rules from her

rule #1 keep it charged

rule # 2 every friday at 7 pm you must call me or the son-inlaw to check in. if its a half hour late i will call you dad.

rule #3 you must call dianne on sunday and check in with her at least once every 2 weeks.

rule #4 it must go with you where ever you go.

gee looks like the kids are staring to be the parents these days:rotf:

got a package from Amber my daughter today and i forgot to open it.

well i just opened it and what do i see?

a new cell phone an AT&T one nothing fancy just a samsung one with a camera. she said dear Dad im tired of you and that damn tracfone. i cant talk to you with out useing up your minutes. so Justin (son-inlaw) and I said you need this. it comes with 700 minutes and unlimited phone to phone? you can now call me anytime. boy is she asking for it now! so i have to learn this phone. im not good with new things. but now im at least in the circle? what do you do with kids like this? :bighug:

Yup, a big hug is probably most appropriate.

For those without a landline but you have internet, you can get a free Google Gmail account and utlize their free phone call feature from your computer. All you need is a webcam or microphone. The calling is free nationwide.

Dennis