IGNORED

Needing a Hand up

GAWildKat

Officially, Mike and I have been homeless the last 18 mons. However we've spent the time couch surfing and paying our way, though griping alot at the circumstances it's put us in. I'm not asking anyone here for money or a place to stay so let us be clear about this. What I am asking is help locating a place to live. With room mates if needed. Ist preference would be somewhere in Central Georgia because Mike has a job and goes to school here. However we can relocate if we must, we'll just need help. Usually one turns to family in times like this. However Mike's family aren't able to help us right now, nor do we wish to worry and burden his Dad so soon after his heart attack and bypass surgery. So I'm turning to the next closest thing to family. You guys! I'm sitting here numb screaming inside not this again. This will be the 4th move in the last 18mons! I know y'all can brainstorm ideas as a group. Technically we'd qualify for low income housing but the waits are years long and I don't have that kind of time. I have 45 days from today to find a place in which to move. Please help me.

im sorry i cant help in the finding a place to live situation. but i can sure feel for you. as i have been and still am in about the same shoes.

i do have a place to live and i too have tried for low income houseing. with a year waiting list.im number 125 on the list and they have 200 apartments here with them all being full. so its a wait and see for me. i worked a little for the outdoor homeless shelter for vets this summer and it helped with food and a little pocket money. but at last they closed and the winter homeless shelter does not have a position for me at this time.

i do go up there and do some volunteer work. and that gets me a free meal. and some conversation with some of the vets i met.. im on social security dissability and its not much. i wish ya luck my friend keep your head up

sincerly

oldgaot

Maybe you could find a camper to live in short term.

Search craigslist, there are some for relatively low price and might work short term.

I know when I sold my 98 Camper last year (dang it), I scrapped it out for $500.00 and must have had 25 phone calls from people in similar situations to yours.

Good luck.

Camper sounds like a great idea. However my car doesn't have a trailer hitch. I won't discount the camper idea. Could work great. Now does anyone have a trailer hitch I can use on the caprice? LOL. I'mma looking for a camper. If anyone sees one or knows one for sale please please let me know.

What type of work are you able to do? If its office, clerical type work you may be able to swap your services for a small apt. in a Rental type business? If you are good at or able to assist elderly people you may be able to swap your services for a room in their house. Just trying to give you some ideas.:080402gudl_prv:

Craig

I'm retired on disability, Mike is in college and working at Radioshack. Technically he's an IT professional with an associate's degree but no certifications. For the last year we've been looking after our roommate while he grieved the loss of his wife from a motorcycle accident. It's been a decent trade off that worked well for all of us. I've contacted several ppl needing caregivers or in house care. Waiting to hear back. One person did contact me to rent the upstairs of her house. Hoping that asking for space in the garage for the bike didn't turn her off lol. We aren't scared yet. Just waiting and hoping as we look.