IGNORED

New member!

tim76020

I just traded a VTX 1300 for a 2006 Midnight Venture and this bike is awesome! The bike has bub slip-on but the previous owner removed the baffles and it is a little loud, for me anyway. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction! Maybe if someone has baffles that are not being used or I would be willing to trade these slip-ons for factory pipes... any sollutions would be greatly appreciated! The chrome on the tips are flaking off, fyi. I live in the Fort Worth, Tx area.

Thanks.

Are you sure that the baffles have been removed? You really can't tell unless you pull the tips off and check. The tips are actually bolted into the baffle end caps so he would have had to pull them out and cut the baffles off in order to keep the tips in place. You might be able to stick a long screw driver or rod in the end and feel around to see if the baffle is in there.

If the baffles are still there you can re-wrap them. Look on ebay for baffle wrap material (muffler packing). I re-wrapped mine and they sound pretty good.

Welcome aboard. :080402gudl_prv:

Another cheap muffler alternative is a set of mufflers off a touring Harley. (Road King, Ulta, Electra, Road Glide)

Fab up a set of mounting brackets and you'll have a set of factory quiet mufflers with a deeper tone than the OEM mufflers.

Thanks V7goose! If I have any questions I will take you up on that offer!

Are you CRAZY? Look at the economics of this. Buy enough beer for V7Goose or take it to a dealer...hmmmm.....:rotf:

Seriously, you would be doing yourself a big favor to take him up on that offer. He knows these bikes inside and out.