IGNORED

New Bike

Pegasus1300

Well new to me anyway. I just bought a 1990 Goldwing Trike. I can't believe that after 25 years on Ventures I will be riding something else esp a Goldwing. All is not lost I do still have my 87 VR for 2 wheeling.I pick up the trike on Monday and will bring it down to Spring City and then try and learn how to ride it on the rural roads down here.I hope this old dog is up to learning a few new tricks.I'll post pictures when I get it home.

The wing is nice,it is the SE model and has the reverse,and the deluxe sound system and cb radio. It is pearl white with polished aluminum wheels on the back and the PO just put a new timing belt and new rear tires on it.Of course it has cruise control and is already wired for heated clothing,tho the PO's jacket won't fit me.The trike kit is by TriKing out of Florida.They make a very nice kit that is longer then the standard kits and rides lower so the driveline has a level shot to the rear end and an automatic leveling system like many high end cars do.Because of the way it is set up the front end has 2.5 degrees more rake then normal so it steers easier or so the trike people say.Lots of new things to be finding out and a big learning curve both in riding skills and maintenence info.

Welcome to the world of 3 wheels Pegasus1300. Sounds like a really nice trike ya got there. :thumbsup2: Take your time learning the finer points of riding on 3 wheels and you'll soon be really enjoining the stability of a trike. :080402gudl_prv:

We'll be looking forward to seeing your pics and your riding experinces once you get some seat time on it.

Larry

Yah! Short learning curve (I almost wrecked the first time I tried) and you will be doing fine! First pointer, until you are used to it, don't try to turn from a stop until the trike is rolling forward maybe a foot. Resist the urge to lean! When turning push with one hand and pull with the other.

Next thing you know, you will want a trailer and travel cross country...

Congrats on the new ride. 3 wheelin is fun.

I wish ours had reverse. So far it hasn't been needed though.

You are right about the learning curve ! It's completely different than riding a 2 wheeler. Since we bought ours, I have had it out twice and cornering is gonna take some getting used to. Be mindful of the extra width behind you, it will be easy to forget and catch a post at the pumps or run a wheel up over a curb.