IGNORED

Long legs and fast women

playboy

My wife bless her saved our a$$ today tried making a u turn to get out of bumper to bumper traffic in Gatlinburg Tn. It was to tight an the bike went over at a dead stop was holding for all I was worth I'm 6'3 next thing I know she is beside the bike shoving us back up right without a scratch and then hops back on like it was no big deal. Still shaking my head because most the time she does good to get on and off. Was so proud of her and told her so what a gal even with her short legs. The highway peg did fold up about halfway that's how close it was.

:thumbsup::clap2:

:2133:

A week after I got my 85 I took my daughter for a ride,,, she's 5'5". We came home and made a turn in the drive and came to a stop with the front wheel cocked to the right. Yep, it was going over all right and me trying to hold it up, but it just kept going and going and I was straining more all the time,,,, when all of a sudden, pop!!! it stood right back up. Allison asked me 'now what was all that about?'. We had dipped low enough that she had actually stuck out her foot on the drive and gave one heck of a shove to stand things back up. By the next morning I decided that next time that scoot wants to lay down,,,,I'll let it,,,,, hadn't been sore like that for a long time.

My long-legged wife came in handy a LOT on my 1st Gen. Any time she saw me struggling, she would slide down on the seat behind me and put a foot down. Saved my tail on a bunch of occasions. The 2nd Gen doesn't try to go over on me near as bad as the 1st Gen did. One of these days I'm going to have to grow some legs to make things easier on me.

I just cant get over her quick reaction. It seems mounting and dismounting has been a problem that we finally have worked out. Kickstand down just about every time me leaning over the tank. Heck she was off, bike back up and her back on before I realized it was time to get out of the middle of the street like an idiot. Surprised I didn't bend the handlebars.

I just cant get over her quick reaction. It seems mounting and dismounting has been a problem that we finally have worked out. Kickstand down just about every time me leaning over the tank.

So all the weight of the bike and her climbing on is on the kickstand?

I'm not so sure that's a good idea!

Lots of posts about the kickstand bolt giving out...but maybe that's a 1st gen issue.

I just hold the brake, lean over the tank and "lock" the bike with my knees.

Mind you...on my bike a 31" inseam seems to be enough to get flat footed.

In keeping with the theme of the thread....my wife has bailed me out a few times....I have to try and remember to leave the front brake alone when coming to a stop!

Not all of the weight on the kickstand I'm still supporting a lot of it.

I'm sure others will agree that front brake is there for more than just getting a passenger on and off and sitting at a stop sign that's up hill do yourself a favor and learn to use it at the same time as the rear. If I understood your response correctly if not my bad.

:whistling: