IGNORED

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

flb_78

Here is some footage from the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot last night. Fast forward to about the 50 second mark to skip the safety talk. I was lucky enough to be against the fence behind the shooters, the front row.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-UffaVss64]100_2652.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

And here's some footage I caught of a Mini-Gun being shot during the night shoot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gWs_Rh3g7g]100 2653 - YouTube[/ame]

Nope

He says I'm way to old, but most of my grand kids are right in that age group.

I guess I'll just have to go buy my own. And a good automatic reloader.

I have a Dillon 650 and it can crank out lots of ammo fast. Its a heavy duty reliable machine.

If you're not familiar with the laws for owning a machine gun, you should visit the BATF website for the rules pertaining to NFA weapons. I suspect most of the weapons fired at Knob Creek are ones classified as Curio and Relics. So. you need a C&R (type 3) federal Firearms License. C&R class weapons are listed on a BATF list and does not incude most modern (post WWII) weapons. You then need a NFA stamp which takes about 6 months and a background check to receive. It used to cost $200, but its been a long time since I reviewed the regs.

I'm saying this from memory, I don't own any NFA or full-auto weapons and gave up my C&R FFL a number of years ago. There are other reasons to have a C&R FFL.

I just looked at the wikipedia article on NFA weapons and it says a C&R license is not reqired and the tax stamp is still $200.

Edited by RandyR

I would say you were lucky to be behind the shooters, I would not have wanted to be infront of them.:shock3: Pretty cool video.

When I first joined the military I liked full auto's but after you shoot them a few thousand times the new wears off real quick especially when you have to deal with the amount of ammo they use.

I would say you were lucky to be behind the shooters, I would not have wanted to be infront of them.:shock3: Pretty cool video.

When I first joined the military I liked full auto's but after you shoot them a few thousand times the new wears off real quick especially when you have to deal with the amount of ammo they use.

Ammo is much more expensive than it used to be, even if you load your own.

used to be able to buy a case of 1,000 rounds of surplus 9mm pistol ammo for $100. Nowthat would cost $300-400 dollars.

7.62mm (.308 caliber) ammo is a dollar a round (or more).

components to make your own have tripled in price in the last 10 years.

Ammo is much more expensive than it used to be, even if you load your own.

used to be able to buy a case of 1,000 rounds of surplus 9mm pistol ammo for $100. Nowthat would cost $300-400 dollars.

7.62mm (.308 caliber) ammo is a dollar a round (or more).

components to make your own have tripled in price in the last 10 years.

Dang, you don't have to use the good stuff just to knock holes in paper.

9mm for around $220/1000rds shipped to my front door nowadays.

308 for $400/900rds shipped, milsurp.