IGNORED

Suggestions for Driving lights - RSTD

The Marshal

I went with the Yamaha passing lamps from my local dealer (I got him to include them when I bought the bike). I wasn't happy with their wiring, so I re-worked that and installed a relay at the same time. Was surprised that they didn't include a relay. Anyway, no issues with the lamps.

...just my 2 cents.

Here's a link to a thread on the royal star venture and tour deluxe site on delphi,there are several choices for passing lamps mentioned but one fellow seems very pleased with the kuryakyn led passing lamps he installed http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=vrider&msg=12164.32op

If I had to do it over I would go to the Grote Par 36 LED bulbs, more lumens with replaceable lens than Kuryakyn/Trucklite LED IF you want the "classic" look driving light look....if not there are lots of smaller LED bullet style like

http://canadiancruisercustomizing.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

I have an 08 RSTD, I went with the factory driving lights so I could keep the stock look. the lightbar and lights come seperate so you'd have to order both. I upgraded the bulbs in the lights to Hella 55w H3 bulbs and did my own wiring to handle the extra juice the lights were using, the stock wiring is a little on the lightweight side. I also installed a set of front and rear LED turnsignals and a 100 LED tail light from Custom Dynamics. They fit right in the stock housings and are really bright. The lights don't look as bright in the pictures since the sun is shining right into them in the middle of the day in the pictures.