IGNORED

Issue with HIDCountry

Sleeperhawk

I placed an order back on Aug 22 for the HID Motorcycle kit.

They sent me an email with a tracking number that Monday.

A couple of days later, used the tracking and it said received notice to ship.

So I called HIDCountry, they said we thought we would be sending it out, but the item is on back order, will be sent the following week. This went on until last Tuesday, Sept 13.

Was told parts are in, would be shipping to me and have it by Thursday, Sept 15. Called Friday, Sept 16, told them no email, no tracking number, and no package. Was told don't know what happened but will ship tonight, well of course not package Tuesday or today.

Called yesterday and today, no answer nor no response to emails.

So now I am left with credit card company fighting this, but just wanted to let all know NOT to use this company.

I have made a number of purchases from them.

On one of the purchases they contacted me to be sure that I really wanted what I ordered.

It turned out that I ordered the wrong thing and they were able to change my order to what I really needed. While they are a little slow to ship, It normally took 3-4 business days from the shipping notification to the package actually showing up in the tracking number. I have had nothing but good customer service from them.

I sure hope that this is not a company going downhill, they have a few items I would like to get someday.

I hope this is just a temporary supplier issue.

I do understand supply issues. Where I work we get caugt in the same mess all the time. Our supplier is out of stock and we have orders to fill, Our supplier promises us a delivery date, so we tell our customers when to expect delivery of our product. Then the parts do not come in and everyone down the line is POed, we are poed we can not ship our product, our customer is poed because they can not fill their comtract and that customer is poed that there stuff is not done. If that original supplier is the only one that makes that part, then everyone down the chain is SOL, and that original supplier don't care.

I have made a number of purchases from them.

On one of the purchases they contacted me to be sure that I really wanted what I ordered.

It turned out that I ordered the wrong thing and they were able to change my order to what I really needed. While they are a little slow to ship, It normally took 3-4 business days from the shipping notification to the package actually showing up in the tracking number. I have had nothing but good customer service from them.

I sure hope that this is not a company going downhill, they have a few items I would like to get someday.

I hope this is just a temporary supplier issue.

I do understand supply issues. Where I work we get caugt in the same mess all the time. Our supplier is out of stock and we have orders to fill, Our supplier promises us a delivery date, so we tell our customers when to expect delivery of our product. Then the parts do not come in and everyone down the line is POed, we are poed we can not ship our product, our customer is poed because they can not fill their comtract and that customer is poed that there stuff is not done. If that original supplier is the only one that makes that part, then everyone down the chain is SOL, and that original supplier don't care.

I was ok with back order until I called them 2 weeks ago and they told me the parts would be sent and I would have them by Tuesday of the next week. They were in the process of packaging them up and shipping. Well I called the next Tuesday, then started getting the will have it out to you via 2 day shipping, this has happened almost every 3 days now until today.

Now I just received an email (finally) from them that I would have a tracking number tomorrow. Yeah right.

well, the saga continues, as stated in their email last night, a tracking number would be sent today. Guess what, no email or tracking number, so now I have filed a BBB complaint against them, tomorrow I will get with the credit card company and try to get my money back. :confused24:

Oh, I did try to call again today, but no answer.

I guess now that I think about it, I have never ordered from them online. I have always called the order in. While I am talking to them I always make them go and verify stock. I do that to most venders. I don't trust all of this modern impersonal computer ordering BS.

I did the same thing with tires I just ordered this week, I made the poor guy go out to the warehouse and check the date codes, he came back and said they had some from this year and some a few years old, I then said that those new ones are the date codes I will be expecting. Had I just ordered on line I most likely would have just gotten the old ones.

I sure hope this all works out for you.

Called them at noon and they finally answered the phone.

This guy was actually concerned about why I did not receive the parts.

They put me on hold, the came back about 15 mins later and said the Post Office was delivering today. So why didn't they send the tracking number, he guessed they forgot too.

So after 4 weeks, will install this weekend and let all know if it works :rotf::rotf:

Called them at noon and they finally answered the phone.

This guy was actually concerned about why I did not receive the parts.

They put me on hold, the came back about 15 mins later and said the Post Office was delivering today. So why didn't they send the tracking number, he guessed they forgot too.

So after 4 weeks, will install this weekend and let all know if it works :rotf::rotf:

Don't ya just hate when they can say "Go look in your mail box.":crackup::rotf:

George this sounds a lot like the philosophy a lot of companies are trying to go by nowadays. It's called JIT. Just In Time demands that every part of a factory deliver JIT. No stocking up on parts or overrunning of parts. This also means that all of a company's venders abide by the same philosophy. In a perfect world this would be great, but...,

George, I get a lot of different stuff shipped to me at home and so far I can't recall ANY of the items shipped by USPS having interim tracking data, even with a tracking number. They just don't operate like UPS or FedEx. I vaguely remember looking into it once and the USPS will even say that it may take several days for the tracking info. to catch up to current. (usually after the item would have been delivered....duh!)

But all that appears to be the least of your problems at the moment, brother! It seems the fact that you got anything delivered at all is a big deal, notwithstanding that it has a wrong connector. I think I'd be tempted to replace it myself and declare victory! LOL

:stickpoke::stirthepot:

George, I get a lot of different stuff shipped to me at home and so far I can't recall ANY of the items shipped by USPS having interim tracking data, even with a tracking number. They just don't operate like UPS or FedEx. I vaguely remember looking into it once and the USPS will even say that it may take several days for the tracking info. to catch up to current. (usually after the item would have been delivered....duh!)

But all that appears to be the least of your problems at the moment, brother! It seems the fact that you got anything delivered at all is a big deal, notwithstanding that it has a wrong connector. I think I'd be tempted to replace it myself and declare victory! LOL

:stickpoke::stirthepot:

I did cut the connectors and have a set coming this week, but for now I soldered the wires and the light actually works great, even my high beam switch works properly on the bike vs the Canadian company HID setup that I had.

The HID ballast has a self protection circuit in it so that if the voltage drops to low it shuts off the HID to protect its self. When you turn the key on, the light comes on, then when you hit the starter if it pulls the voltage down to the cutoff in the HID it shuts the light off. Unless you have a switch to be able to cycle power to the HID, the only way to turn it back on is to shut the bike off and then restart hopping that this time the voltage stays above the cutoff. The switch would also let you not even fire the4 HID till after the bike is running.

There have been people having this issue with both the CC and HID Country brands.

This is not an issue on the 1st gens since the light is turned off when you press the starter button.

The HID ballast has a self protection circuit in it so that if the voltage drops to low it shuts off the HID to protect its self. When you turn the key on, the light comes on, then when you hit the starter if it pulls the voltage down to the cutoff in the HID it shuts the light off. Unless you have a switch to be able to cycle power to the HID, the only way to turn it back on is to shut the bike off and then restart hopping that this time the voltage stays above the cutoff. The switch would also let you not even fire the4 HID till after the bike is running.

There have been people having this issue with both the CC and HID Country brands.

This is not an issue on the 1st gens since the light is turned off when you press the starter button.

Mine is "switched" but so far have not had to use it. :cool10:

• 1 month later...

I went ahead and ordered a kit from HID Country last week since my high beam no longer works with the Canadian Cruiser set-up and since CCC really didnt want to resolve the issue while it was under warranty for another problem. So I decided to try HIDC. Placed my order when I saw that they had 3 kits in stock at 54.00 a kit. Got a phone call from them saying that the part is out of stock and will be in stock within a week. They did charge my PayPal account though, which may have been to my advantage. When I looked closer on their site it did say -3 in stock, which means that they were backordered 3 sets. I checked the site today and it still showed -3 but the price was also raised from 54.00 to 74.00. So, paying the lesser amount at the time may have saved me 20 bucks had I waited until the kit finally was in stock to order. Since im not riding anyway right now im in no rush. Ill give them until next week to see where we are with this order.

I ordered two digital ballasts from HID Country last August. By September they still hadn't arrived so I sent them an email. Got no response. Waited two more weeks then sent another email but still no response. About the middle of October contacted Visa to get my money back. No idea what went wrong but I won't be dealing with HID Country again.