IGNORED

I have purchased a used Hannigan side car

Sylvester

Bought a used Hannigan Classic sidecar and will have the local dealer (UNB Customs) mount it soon. It came off a HD Ultra Classic so the mounts are a bit different. It has the electric camber, disc brake and dampner. Dealer will order parts Monday and let me know when they will be in. I plan on installing a new rear tire on the RSMV and new rear brake pads plus flushing the brake fluid on the rear. This should take care of the need to get to the rear for awhile. It comes with the quick disconnect brake line so I can dismount the car easily. I talked in depth with Muffinman and got the courage to buy it. My wife loves the idea of comfort while riding. I don't have the heart to tell her she is still on the back of the bike and the dogs get the car. :whistling::whistling:

:farmer:

:bang head: Boy... yah buy em books. Send them to school. And they still don't follow the rules....

Were are the pictures?????:rotfl:

Sheez

:mytruck1:

It is sitting on my trailer as of now. When I get it installed, I promise you will get the pictures. Yammer Dan has taught me the value of pictures, since he is in deep water over his shop project. If you would like I will take a picture of it on the trailer? Really not much to look at!

... I don't have the heart to tell her she is still on the back of the bike and the dogs get the car. :whistling::whistling:

So, let me know when you tell her so I can put in the ear plugs......

Actually, Amy has been telling me she wanted a sidecar for our dog so I am gonna want to watch this project.

I will keep you posted, Tom. Might be a bit of a battle. In all honesty I would like my wife in the car. After all these years, she still wants to jump around on the back of the bike when slowing down and stopped. My 66 year old knees are struggling to keep the bike upright.

Yeah Jim I am really working at getting pics of the mess I've got. Nothing seems to work around here. "New" contractor didn't show up 1st day. Hope he don't try to show tomorrow!! A sidecar has to be a lot different ride. Good luck with it. Could you make a carrier of some type for the rear seat??? Maybe two carriers? One on seat and one on trunk rack??:confused24:

It is sitting on my trailer as of now. When I get it installed, I promise you will get the pictures. Yammer Dan has taught me the value of pictures, since he is in deep water over his shop project. If you would like I will take a picture of it on the trailer? Really not much to look at!

Hmmmm. Let me think. Bike on trailer... Picture of bike on trailer...

Yah, that would work for me....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:mytruck1:

Yeah Jim I am really working at getting pics of the mess I've got. Nothing seems to work around here. "New" contractor didn't show up 1st day. Hope he don't try to show tomorrow!! A sidecar has to be a lot different ride. Good luck with it. Could you make a carrier of some type for the rear seat??? Maybe two carriers? One on seat and one on trunk rack??:confused24:

You really want me to die a slow and painful death, don't you?

Hmmmm. Let me think. Bike on trailer... Picture of bike on trailer...

Yah, that would work for me....

No the bike is in the garage and the sidecar is on the trailer. But I will go take a picture and post it this afternoon.

Nice looking hack you will have a blast with it. It will take some getting use to. Just keep your speed down for a while on turns and you will do fine. BTW they pull to the right some on excel and to the left on brakeing. Have fun with it you will have people looking at it when ever you park it.:cool10:

Nice looking hack you will have a blast with it. It will take some getting use to. Just keep your speed down for a while on turns and you will do fine. BTW they pull to the right some on excel and to the left on brakeing. Have fun with it you will have people looking at it when ever you park it.:cool10:

I would think that with the brake on the sidecar it would not be a problem on braking. I know that on excelleration it will pull right. The brake ties into my rear brake so they actuate together. It also has the electric camber control. I had a left side hack on an Ariel Square Four back in the sixty's I bought from an Air Force officer after he brought it back from England. :doh: Why didn't I keep that one? :mo money:

• 2 weeks later...
hey Jim... how's it all going with the side car install Pic's :confused24:

The arms to connect to my RSMV should be arriving this week. Then the fun will begin. I have installed a new rear tire, greased the drive shaft splines and pumpkin splines, greased the clutch hub pins, changed the differential fluid and flushed the rear brake fluid. Nothing more to do than wait.

Hello, I am considering adding the same sidecar to my 2004 RSV. Could you please tell me where you bought the mounts to fit your bike. I have been looking for a good used sidecar for awhile and found nothing in my area. Your sidecar looks great and I look forward to seeing the final pictures of it.