IGNORED

New 2012 star line up

TARHEEL RIDER

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:2cents: There is only one 1200 hours that is midday, midnight is 0000 :innocent:

if not mistaken, in actuality there is never 0000 - it either 23:59:59 or 00.00.01 - that way the lawyers can definitively say it is on a 'particular' day - whereas 00:00:00 would open a world of unnecessary litigation. this is only a guess??

It's a joke, and Yamaha still does not listen to anyone. The strat's reviews last year were a lack of cruise control that every bagger now has available, yet not the strat.

The Venture, another rehash with new paint.

No offense meant to you that love the Venture, but IMHO, what should be the least expensive touring bike is was over priced.

WOW !!!! In the picture for the 2012 they FINALLY show the cb antenna on the correct side !

See.... there is a change in the new bike !

Other interesting thing.... 2012 is rated at 39mpg, 2011 at 42mpg (U.S.). Canadian site shows 51mpg Imperial (18kpl) for both years.

Canadian site says pricing will be announced in Dec 2011.

2011 model price is - Canada - $23,899 msrp; US - $20,090

2012 model price is - Canada - $ ? ; US - 20190.

Hmmmm.... isn't the U.S./CDN $ roughly at par? We pay $3,809 more.... THAT doesn't make sense !

Edited by XV1100SE

Well.... the new color for 2012 will be 'intense black'.... The Midnight Venture has been discontinued..:whistling: What's amazing to me is my '99 is 13 years old and outside of the color is the same damn bike.... Can't say that about any 1stGen.. :) Another thing I noticed... unless I missed it... Y didn't mention anything about coming with a tape deck in the specs. Maybe they are too imbarrased, OR they finally ran out of them... :clap2:

if not mistaken, in actuality there is never 0000 - it either 23:59:59 or 00.00.01 - that way the lawyers can definitively say it is on a 'particular' day - whereas 00:00:00 would open a world of unnecessary litigation. this is only a guess??

Knowing the way lawyers use details like a twisty tie :bang head:

you are most likly right :Avatars_Gee_George:

What ever happened to ..."just the facts Mame just the facts" :think::think:

.... the new color for 2012 will be 'intense black'.... The Midnight Venture has been discontinued.. Another thing I noticed... unless I missed it... Y didn't mention anything about coming with a tape deck in the specs.

U.S. Features/Additional Features :

Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, 6 disc CD changer and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP of America.

Canada :

Clarion AM/FM cassette stereo features automatic volume control (AVC), 18-FM presets, 6-AM presets, covered cassette deck and remote controllers for rider and passenger. There is a front auxillary plug-in for an MP3 player.

We don't even get a free CD-Changer and the US has both CD-Changer AND iPod w/interface and we pay more !

Canada gets Metallic Black M as the colour. Don't know what "Intense Black" means.

Word in a previous thread said that the revamped Venture would be announce in 2012 for 2013 release. Until then... status quo.

I posted this, and yes, this is what I was told by a senior member of Yamaha's U.S. management team several months ago. A late 2012 intro of a revamped 2013 model RSV. Allegedly a complete overhaul, including the engine (Vmax?). I guess we'll see.

Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette, 6 disc CD changer and intercom is MP3-compatible and headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP of America.

Canada :

Clarion AM/FM cassette stereo features automatic volume control (AVC), 18-FM presets, 6-AM presets, covered cassette deck and remote controllers for rider and passenger. There is a front auxillary plug-in for an MP3 player.

We don't even get a free CD-Changer and the US has both CD-Changer AND iPod w/interface and we pay more !

Canada gets Metallic Black M as the colour. Don't know what "Intense Black" means.

It's English for Metallic Black:confused07:

The Star-branded iPod touch only comes on the S model Venture. :headache: Well gee that's a deal breaker! :whistling: and I was gonna trade my 2004 for an updated new and improved 2012. :depressed: Oh well, guess I'll drive my outdated Venture for another year :biker: