IGNORED

Our West Virginia Trip

Rick Haywood

Well we made it to WV. Great Ride till the last 50 miles or so then rain, rain and more rain. Did I say it rained the last 50 miles. Anyway weather doesn't look good for the week but we will still ride and ha ve fun. Here are a couple of pictures. The big guy wringing out his shirt is Bryan52577 from our board. :doh:

Well we did get some riding in today. Rode hwy 72 and 219. Man 72 is a must ride. Not very wide and not very fast but lots of scenery and twisties. About a 25 mile ride that takes about 1 and a half hours. Here are a few pictures. Hopefully we can get soem more in tomorrow between the rain.:depressed:

here in the middle of West by God

Gotta Ask is it really called West by God, or is it made up ? :think:

Hope you have nicer weather. We have been through there a few times in the rain, Not nice. Went back this summer and the weather and roads were great.

Brad

I learned back in June when Sherrie and I made the trip in WV. Locals call that Hwy 72 "The Goat Trail" 25 miles of narrow road with no edge lines or centerline. Great road even with it being narrow. Has some of the most senic secluded beauty.

Glad to here you guys are making the best of it.

If you get a chance take the road that goes up to the highest point in WV. It is just down the road from Canan Valley / South on US33 about 2 miles south of Riverton. / Spruce Knob 4861'. Restraunt on the corner was not bad food or desserts.

Later

Keep the rubber side down!

Cowboy

I would rather do the smaller roads but you got to watch for Bambi. You guys get to ride today Rick? I wish I weasn't so busy right now. Did you go see the New River Bridge?

Dan we did get in some riding yesterday and had a great time and a great ride. Went up through MD and PA then worked our way back to the house we are staying at. As for the bridge we arfe going down there on our way home when we leave Friday. I have 55 acres over by Prestonsburg Kentucky I want to check on so it makes the trip to the bridge right on the way. Anyway everyone have a great day we are headed off to explore some more.

Rick

Rain does lessen the fun. I headed WV way last Thursday with Central PA being the destination on a beautiful day and hit worst storm ever at Clarksburg, WV. I sure was glad to see one of those big Pilot signs. Waited it out there and made PA late in the day. Did some nice riding the following day but after checking out the weather, decided to beat cheeks back to Ohio on Saturday. Be raining ever since. Our plan was to ride to Cass, WV tomorrow, but the way it looks here, we will most likely be making the trip in the cage. Bummer.

Hope you find some sunshine.

OK, this is for all you NON believers! YAMAHA Venture parts are not hard to find and can be found ANYWHERE!! Right Rick? :stickpoke:

Bryan

Dollar Tree is where they have the Power House Wax. Great for windshields and touching up bike. At $1. a can!! Greatest deal around. Awesome cleaner there in spray bottles for same price is also very hard to beat. Cleans about anything.

Wish I could have found time to ride with you guys a little.