IGNORED

Droid

rod

Warning do not get a droid from Verizon. Their insurance and warrante is worthless. They know that the chip goes bad after 2 years but will not warrante your $499.00 phone after you have paid for years with no claim. You get nothing even if you have been a customer for 15+ years. Pass it on so they screw less people. Rod

Iphone or nothing. Sometimes you cannot beat the original. I had the Iphone 3 for a couple years, got the four last Christmas. Can't beat 'em.

I have heard of several Droids going out about the same time.

mine is still under warranty as i have not had one last long enough to get out of warranty I'm on # 13 now and still have 5 or 6 months of my two year contract left what a piece of junk

droid one after a few they gave me a droid 2 still junk I will never have a droid x I have a friend who has one and theres is no better then what i have now

I don't know what ill get when this contract is up but its not going to be an android

I have an HTC Desire flashed with Cyanogen mod so it's straight Android and it's great. I love it. I bought it second hand and no issues whatsoever.

I won't ever own an iPhone - I can't stand them. My daughter has one and the calls always cut out or garble.

I'm in Canada and we have Bell - never dropped a call, never garbled. I love my Droid. It's my first smart phone other than a Blackberry and I'll never go anywhere else again. Of course, having it flashed helps a ton - gets rid of all the junk that comes with it that slows it down.

Too late I tried to be honest and am out $500 with no support. They will not even try to fix any of the smart phones but they want you to give the phone back to them???? If you can't fix it for me why do you want it back for free and sell reconditioned on the website??? Rod with a $500 target =8^)

I am happy that some of you in the small percentage that do not have problems. I loved mine for the first year then had small problems now it is trash 1 year and 10 months later and Insurance is worthless if you are honest and tell them the problem. Loose it hit it throw it in water and you get a new one be honest about a problem they know about and you are screwed. The part that pisses me off the most is they know about the problem and redo the contract so they are not liable. Pay your bill after they change the wording and you are agreeing to the new terms. It cost more for a lawyer than the phone so what can you do? I fight back by passing the word on. Rod

I'd call them again and see if the next person helps you out better. Just today my Daughters new FREE phone (not a Driod) came by USPS. I called Verizon 2 weeks ago when it broke and was told I had to use the insurance I pay for and pay a deductible. I went on line 4 days ago and was filling out the forms when a window came up and told me to call a number (verizon tech support) because her phone should be replaced for free. I called and explained again what was wrong and the agent said yes it should be replaced free and got the ball rolling. He could not explain why the first person I talked to said I had to go through the insurance. Maybe you got an agent that did not know what was going on or misunderstood what the problem was. Might be worth a try? Good Luck. I'm also a 10+ year Verizon user.

What particular phones are these? They can't all be the same make and model, are they?

Mine's an HTC Sense (original model) that came with Android and is now upgraded to Gingerbread via the Cyanogen Mod.

Ah hah! You're talking about the particular phone Droid 1 or Droid 2, not just the Android operating system, aren't you?

Oops, sorry...:doh:

Leaving now...

FYI you can buy used phones (ebay) and not have to go through Verizon.

That is what I did for 2 phones my daughters messed up.

I don't know if you can do this with a Droid though.

But you should be able to get a smart phone and use that on your plan.

Me too, except I dropped one in interstate to get ran over and washed another one...thanks eBay.

I am happy that some of you in the small percentage that do not have problems. I loved mine for the first year then had small problems now it is trash 1 year and 10 months later and Insurance is worthless if you are honest and tell them the problem. Loose it hit it throw it in water and you get a new one be honest about a problem they know about and you are screwed. The part that pisses me off the most is they know about the problem and redo the contract so they are not liable. Pay your bill after they change the wording and you are agreeing to the new terms. It cost more for a lawyer than the phone so what can you do? I fight back by passing the word on. Rod

Did you already tell V where to put their phone and contract :whistling: ??

OK, Next time be honest. Leave it on top of the car and drive off. Then call whomever your next carrier is and tell them ,, You left it on the car and drove off and its in a millions pieces now end of story.

My Droid had a problem after a year and half. The touchscreen wasnt working right. I went in to the Verizon store. After about 30 minutes of the salesperson messing with it, she said yup, its junk. I had to save my battery and cover. They sent me a new one in less than a week. Piece of cake........

I've owned a number of smart phones (through Verizon), first one was a Samsung 600 or 620, never had a problem with it till I dropped it on a concrete floor. Other people I talked to that had one hated it.

Owned a Treo 700: piece of junk, would self dial and other crap. I replaced it twice and then they gave me the option to get a different phone, they wound up replacing it with a Omnia, I had that for like four years when I traded in It started getting small issues like not responding the first time when you tried to wake it up, etc.

Got a GzOne Brigade, no issues but gave it to my wife so she could text easier.

Now I have a GzOne Commando and have no issues.

My son had an LG Evo and the screens wound up going out constantly. He now has a Droid X with no problems.

I think you CAN get a bad phone and I think when they send a replacement it will be a reconditioned one and not a new one. If it is the brand/make/model that is the problem get a different brand/model, if it is the OS, go to a blackberry which has its own problems. I agree that the associate you talk to makes a difference, I always try to talk to the same guy (besides they are commisioned) and have had no issues with Verizon other then them cutting me off :whistling: when i forget to pay my bill :bang head: