IGNORED

Frickin fracking rattselsmurf!

sarges46

Considering how absolutely worthless the search engine is here, good luck.

Love you Don, know its not your fault, it's Vbulletin software.

And, yes, I do know how to use a search engine. I do it quite often in my job looking up technical info.

Gary

Lost my push to talk button for the passenger cb remote. I checked some parts diagrams and it doesnt seem to list the button itself just the whole remote for around 430.00 or so....dont think so Tim!

Any ideas out there?

Good morning Rick. Look in your parts box, If I remember right I gave you my controler off of my RSV. Ron took it off the bike. The leadin wire was cut to

get it off the bike. This was a brand new unit only about 2 weeks old.

Ride safe Bob.

If your bike is still under warranty, have the button replaced for free. It is not particularly uncommon for that button to fall off (along with some other specific screws), and Yamaha will replace them.

As for the search function on this site, I think it works just dandy. Don is correct that the Google search option is great too, but I rarely ever use it, simply because the default search does an excellent job for me. The only significant limitation seems to be the need to use key words of four letters or more, and the Google search removes that limitation.

Just because person "a" does not seem to be able to use a particular function, that is not proof that the function does not work. Here is a result from the very first search I did, using "button fell off":

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=22453&highlight=button+fell+off

Goose

Edited by V7Goose

Once you install the new one, you need to advise your pillion the button is for talking, not sending Morse Code.

Just sayin' :stickpoke:

RR

My X wife knocked it off twice with her boot while getting on the bike. Heard it the first time and put it back on, but not the second time.

It's been gone about 6 years now.:scratchchin: She's been gone for 4 years now.:D

I figure when it's time to trade in the bike, I'll go to Texas or Loozeaner to another Maintenance Day and pick one up after dark.:stickpoke:

Later, Scooter Bob