IGNORED

CB Radio not transmitting

Bugsplat

I have a 06 RSV (out of warranty)with the notorious Clarion radio / cb unit. In the past I had trouble with radio freeze which has been mentioned on this forum numerous times. I finally performed the fix recommended on here by disconnecting all radio plug connections, cleaning with contact cleaner and applying dielectic grease. Eveerything seemed to work fine from that point on until recently.

When I key the TX lever I do not see the red light appear on the controller indicating you are transmitting. This was confirmed by my ridding buddie who has a J&M CB on his bike. I thought it was odd that I had not heard the large number of truckers lateley talking trash back and forth. All other functions of the radio appear to be working fine. Does anyone have experience with this type of problem? I really need the CB to communicate with riding partner. Just do not want to spend the big bucks for a used unit from Pinwheel if it is a reasonable fix.

When I had my 99 RSV, I had the same problem (sounds like) as you're having. My buddy and I took the PTT button apart and cleaned the contacts. It worked great and that was about 4 years ago and still works with the new owner (also a friend).

Now move forward, I bought an almost new 06 RSV. On a BRP trip, I experienced the same thing, but after I'm home trouble-shooting the problem, it wasn''t the contacts this time. The dealer removed the CB under the back seat, sent it in and about 2 1/2 months it came back, dealer re-installed it on the bike with no problems since. Lucky for me it was still under warranty, so NO charge.

The best of luck to you.

MIKE aka Uturn

:Venture:

I will check the connections under the passanger seat tonight. I know they were connected because I took them apart for cleaning and applied the dielectic grease. I will double check them.

After making sure the all plugs are still connected I guess the next step would be to take the controller apart and cleak contacts on the TX lever. Anything I should look out for ?

I hope I do not have to buy a new unit.