IGNORED

Vogel Schedule.....................

DragonRider

Here it is,final copy, offical schedule of events for Vogel V

.........There will be copies available at the registration table.

TAIL OF THE DRAGON V @ VOGEL

Schedule for 8/17-8/21, 2011

WED. 8/17/2011

Registration will be open at 12:00 pm. We will be manning the registration table till 5:00 pm.

6:00 pm we will assemble in the main parking lot of the park and depart at 6:15 for our dinner ride to Blairsville, which is an 11 mile ride. We will be dining at Fatz in Blairsville. Dress is casual comfortable.

Thur. 8/18/2011

I will be in the main parking lot around 8:00 am to register anyone who is arriving . Starting at aprox 9:00 am, we will have 3 different rides departing at staggered times. These are a ride to Bryson City, NC to raft the Natahala River, a ride to Helen, Ga. for lunch, tubing and shopping, and for those who haven’t sampled the food at the world famous Dillard House a ride there for lunch. There will be sign up sheets available at the registration tables to sign up for one of the three rides.

If you would be interested in leading the Dillard House ride or the ride to Helen, please let me know when you register.

Thurs. evening starting at 7:00 pm we will have a social get together at shelter # 3 across from the lake, bring your beverage we will have snacks and water available for small donations. This will have to end by 10:00 pm per park rules.

Fri. 8/19/2011

Today will be the title ride of the event. We will be riding to Deals Gap via the Cherahola Skyway with a reststop midway before continuing on to ride the Tail of the Dragon, we will be having lunch at Deals Gap before riding the Dragon. You may choose to ride it alone if you are familiar with it or with a group of riders who will take it easy if you are new to it. Someone can set you up with the right group to ride with. This is a very busy place so it will be hard to stay together as one large group, so we normally break up into several smaller groups to head back to the park. Once back at the park its time to relax and chill out.

Here is a summary of the ride to the Dragon:

8:00 AM KSU to depart for all day ride.

1st leg of ride will take us back roads to Telico Plains where we will break for gas and refreshments at the Exxon, where we might be meeting some other riders before departing for the Cherahola Skyway. Distance-66 miles

2nd Leg will take us over the Skyway to Robbinsville, NC. Distance- 53 miles.

3rd Leg will take us to Deals Gap for lunch, before tackling the Dragon. Then we will leave Deals Gap stopping in Robbinsville for gas before heading back to Vogel with a refreshment stop in Anderson, NC.

Distance 107 miles

Sat. 8/20/2011

Eck Nace has selected some very nice back roads to ride if you are interested in another ride. His ride starts, (Kick Stands up), at 8am out of Vogel and he promises to have you back to the park in time for the afternoon meal which is planned to start around 3:00 pm.

If you are not interested in going on a ride and just want to hang out at the park, there will be some members available to do carb tunes. We will also be set up at sheltler # 3 to register any late comers and pass a good time.

The meal is being catered by Shane’s Rib Shack.

The menu is:

Pulled Pork & Bread.

Potato Salad

Brunswick Stew

Tea, Sweet & Unsweet, Lemonade

Deserts: Peach Cobbler, Apple Cobbler, & Banana Pudding.

We will also start pulling winning numbers for the raffle, If you haven’t purchased your raffle tickets for this I am sure we can sell you a few. After all the prizes and door prizes are gone we will gather for a group photo and call it a nite.

Sun..........Departure day..........Thanks for coming and supporting the Kids at St. Jude Children’s Hospital.

Edited by Eck

Thanks Eck, I looked in my pm's for your note to me and couldn't find it.:confused24:

Steve, looking forward to seeing you............:thumbsup2:

Randy, so you are forecasting weather now.......:shock3::shock3:Hope your good at it........

Sling, be carefull..........:Venture:

See yall Wed....................:banana::banana::banana:

And to all the others for planning what looks to be a fun time at Vogel.

This will be my first time there (B2dad was there at the last one 2 years ago) and I am truly excited.

I am bringing you a special present Lewis! We should be arriving sometime in the early afternoon Wed. Leaving around 5 am per "dad". UGH!

See you soon!

Patti

I have a camp site for wend. - sat. I will not be able to use it wend, and thurs. If anyone needs it for those 2 days let me know it will be open and for the asking. Many of my plans have changed since we are sitting our grandaughter this week.

The site will allready be paid for it might as well be used.

Steve

Well, I aired up my trailer shocks, aired up the trailer and bike tires and all is in spec there now. I began loading up and packing the trailer with things we will or may need, nut left lots of room for more..And I waxed both the trailer and bike yesterday and filled the tank with gas, checked the oils and all the lights. Oh and I better make sure my wife is packed..I knew I left room in the trailer for a reason.. :whistling:

I sat at the computer and with my GPS in hand, I programmed the shorter route for our ride Saturday. I had a longer route already planned and programed, but made a change for safety reasons...

I am ready to go now but this thing called work is killin me..

Now all I hope for is that mother nature to plays well with us for this Vogel event....

We are at Rick & Shirley haywoods now, next we go to B2mom & B2dad's....then Vogel here we come! :)

Annie,

When you get to B2Dad's, please tell B2Dad to bring his wax and rags so he can wax my GW again..

I will probably be coming in from charlotte NC on friday afternoon/evening, all depending things line up right. I know there are quite a few ppl that have camp sites that are willing to share/split so that is the plan.

I am pulling my aspen classic and was wondering what roads to avoid. the route I have right now is to take 129/11 out of cleveland to 19 into vogel. I know 19 has some good curves and such but pulling the aspen I am not really looking for all that much because of safety.

I did not know if taking a different route might be slight less switch backs and safer. Pls if anyone has info on this let me know. I hope to see old and make new friends.

I will probably be coming in from charlotte NC on friday afternoon/evening, all depending things line up right. I know there are quite a few ppl that have camp sites that are willing to share/split so that is the plan.

I am pulling my aspen classic and was wondering what roads to avoid. the route I have right now is to take 129/11 out of cleveland to 19 into vogel. I know 19 has some good curves and such but pulling the aspen I am not really looking for all that much because of safety.

I did not know if taking a different route might be slight less switch backs and safer. Pls if anyone has info on this let me know. I hope to see old and make new friends.

There is no way into Vogel that doesn't have some sharp curves in it.

US 129 runs from Cleveland, GA to Vogel. 19 merges in north of Dahlonega, but its still 129.

Just take it SLOW

There is no way into Vogel that doesn't have some sharp curves in it.

US 129 runs from Cleveland, GA to Vogel. 19 merges in north of Dahlonega, but its still 129.

Just take it SLOW

Thanks. I have been up in that area many times but never pulled the camper through there. It will def be a slow trip through the hills.

Well, I aired up my trailer shocks, aired up the trailer and bike tires and all is in spec there now. I began loading up and packing the trailer with things we will or may need, nut left lots of room for more..And I waxed both the trailer and bike yesterday and filled the tank with gas, checked the oils and all the lights. Oh and I better make sure my wife is packed..I knew I left room in the trailer for a reason.. :whistling:

I sat at the computer and with my GPS in hand, I programmed the shorter route for our ride Saturday. I had a longer route already planned and programed, but made a change for safety reasons...

I am ready to go now but this thing called work is killin me..

Now all I hope for is that mother nature to plays well with us for this Vogel event....

Just make sure you don't leave her behind, you just might get razzed as long as your a member here :whistling::whistling:

I have pulled my cargo trailer through the dragon and the snake and many other curvy twistie switch back but this will be a first for my aspen classic camper. I am looking forward to it and a lil scared i will be honest. this trip will be much slower than normal because of the extra weight behind me but i can do it and make it. Thanks everyone.

Just make sure you don't leave her behind, you just might get razzed as long as your a member here :whistling::whistling:

Sure glad my name isn't SLEEPERHAWK....

Just read your post that the trailer is ready...so I guess you are going to trailer your bike? Just don't let it fall off the trailer this time...:mytruck:

I surely will not be trailering my bike this time.. I am riding it,pulling a trailer.. but you are always welcome to wax it again for me....

I even have a little chair for you to use.. :twing: