IGNORED

Awrite ... where did it go?

SilvrT

or or better yet, when will it arrive?

I'm talking about SUMMER!

(our forecast for the next few days...)

[ATTACH]58675[/ATTACH]

This kinda weather is happening all over. The cherry crops in the Okanagan are at least 2 weeks late and they're saying it will be a slow harvest lasting into mid Aug.

I sure hope we hit some good weather by the end of next week when we head for CODY!!! (and that is stays for a while)

ya, I guess a guy shouldn't WHINE so much about cool, wet weather ... at least the forest fire index is low and I don't ever think about needing an air conditioner ... but the bbq grill is starting to grow moss on it's northern side.... LOL

You could come here.

Today is likely going to be the first day this month with temps below 100F.

However, it rained, so let's not talk about the Heat Index!

I don't know about the "heat index"; however, I have lived in areas where the temps have hovered around 100 or more for a couple weeks. Frankly, extended periods of time in that does get a bit too much but we rarely get anywhere close to that around these parts and when it's cloudy, cool, and rainy day after day after day after day .... people tend to get pretty depressed ... this is what it's like around here most of the time from November thru June and spatterings of it now, in July. Lack of sunshine is not good. I am a "warm climate" person. I much prefer summers when the temps are anywhere between 25 and 35 (77 - 95 f) with lots of sunshine. Here on the West Coast we don't see a lot of that. I can't wait until I retire so I can move back to an area where that climate exists.

Having said that, since I have been in this area for almost 10 years, there has been a couple summers that have been really nice. This area is so beautiful and enjoyable when the weather is nice.

I don't know about the "heat index"; however, I have lived in areas where the temps have hovered around 100 or more for a couple weeks. Frankly, extended periods of time in that does get a bit too much but we rarely get anywhere close to that around these parts and when it's cloudy, cool, and rainy day after day after day after day .... people tend to get pretty depressed ... this is what it's like around here most of the time from November thru June and spatterings of it now, in July. Lack of sunshine is not good. I am a "warm climate" person. I much prefer summers when the temps are anywhere between 25 and 35 (77 - 95 f) with lots of sunshine. Here on the West Coast we don't see a lot of that. I can't wait until I retire so I can move back to an area where that climate exists.

Having said that, since I have been in this area for almost 10 years, there has been a couple summers that have been really nice. This area is so beautiful and enjoyable when the weather is nice.

Just as Rocket when he shows up what the heat index is all about, 100 F with heat index of 115 is not a picnic. Bike has been pretty much setting the last 2 weeks. Bring on winter. :rasberry:

Just as Rocket when he shows up what the heat index is all about, 100 F with heat index of 115 is not a picnic. Bike has been pretty much setting the last 2 weeks. Bring on winter. :rasberry:

Several years ago I visited Houston TX for a long weekend and spent some time in Galveston. This was at the end of July and the temps were over 100 with equal humidity so I figgure I did experience what you refer to. I remember I couldn't walk barefoot on the sand beach at Galveston (too hot) and I remember waiting up to 1/2 hour in lineups for the rollercoasters at 6 flags .... we spent time walking around Galveston a lot as well as driving back and forth to Baytown and other places with no a/c in the car. I dunno ... I really enjoyed that short little "exposure" to your weather ... but day after day after day for a couple weeks or more of it.... ya, could be a little tough to take.

Think of as living in a steam bath. It feels like it, when the humidity is up there.:canada:

Weren't you the one saying you lived on the wet coast? I'll say you guys arel all wet,,,, but then in Ontario we're all dry. Got 'flooded' in May and not much since then. In some ways it's kind of nice, but the crops are now starting to suffer. Took a long time for the farmers to get the crops planted and lost some areas due to being a way too wet, now we're starting to see the effects of not enough water to sustain them. 'Course it's only the farmers' crops, but it just happens to be the place where our food comes from. Manitoba and Saskatchewan have lost a lot of production due to water was well, wonder how this will all translate into the food supply this year.