IGNORED

Need help in MI

hydraulicman

I am on my way to Highland MI to visit my brother and have my RSV on a trailer. Yesterday I noticed a dimple in the front tire. Its about dime size and 1/16th deep. The tires have about 14500 miles on them and I believe I could get another 3000 out of them, but do to the dimple I feel the front tires should be replaced.

Does anyone know of a good shop in the Highland MI area that I can call. I know that nothing will be open until Tuesday. Any help will be great.

I'm down by the Metro-Airort area and have an independant shop that does good work. Probably won't open till Tomorrow thou as most everyone is closed till then.

We also have member MiCarl nearby who owns his own shop and does excelent work at reasonable prices. He's probably 15-20 minutes from my home. Here's a link to his webpage -- http://www.thundervalleypower.com/

Larry

I'm down by the Metro-Airort area and have an independant shop that does good work. Probably won't open till Tomorrow thou as most everyone is closed till then.

We also have member MiCarl nearby who owns his own shop and does excelent work at reasonable prices. He's probably 15-20 minutes from my home. Here's a link to his webpage -- http://www.thundervalleypower.com/

Larry

Here is a map for you. Just wanted to try and help. I would call Carl and see if he has the tire you need, he might have to get one. Highly recommend his help.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=%3BCXCtISEYhW8cFfishgIdx4kG-yEIvYHkmDb0cg&q=thunder+valley+powersports+plymouth+michigan&sll=37.0]thunder valley powersports plymouth michigan - Google Maps[/ame]

Fuzzy

I don't stock tires, but get them from a local warehouse. Problem is their inventory system requires an old version of Internet Explorer which I don't run here at home so I cannot check availability for you.

You can check my tire prices on line Thunder Valley Powersports Tire Store. Mounting and balancing will be $65 on bike/ $25 if you just bring the wheel.

I had planned to do some work at home in the morning before going in. If you want me to do the tire, post here and we'll try to work something out for you to get it tomorrow if that is what you want.

You didn't say where you are in your travels. If you like we can even arrange for you to drop off today on your way up. I'll check messages periodically today in case you try to call.

Good luck!

There are also dealers in Brighton (C&C Cycle) as well as New Hudson (Kensington motorsports) the names might be a slight varyation on that; it has been a while since I have been to either place [i lived in Brighton for a few years]. Every time I have been in the Brighton dealer they have had an RSV on the floor. Whether or not that means they will have a tire in stock is a different question though.

***I am not trying to drive business away from Carl here, I am just pointing out your other nearby options :confused24:

***I am not trying to drive business away from Carl here, I am just pointing out your other nearby options :confused24:

Not a problem. I'm at least an hour from Highland. Definitely C&C and maybe even a Flint dealer would be closer to him.

Rocky's in Flint would have one in stock and they mount and balance, but you would have to remove it from the bike. Jut off I475 Bristol rd @ Saginaw st.

Again not trying to take buisness from a member but you could have it on your bike tomorrow.

P.S. ask for Art he has been or is a member here.

Carl, what time can I call you in the morning. I am in Indianapolis tonight and will leave here around 8:00 AM. I am thinking about having front and back replaced do to having 14500 miles on them. I would want to do Elite 3's. I will call in the morning to see what this might cost and posible drop the bike off tomorrow morning and then pick it up Wednesday????

Let me know.

The tires run $300.77. There is 6% Michigan Sales tax brings the tires to $318.82. Installation is $162.50. Total 481.32 all taxes and fees included.

If you want me to do it call the shop tonight (734) 446-5874 and leave a message with your cell phone number. I'll check with the warehouse when they open at 9:00 to make sure they have them in stock then give you a call.

It is important that you leave me a message tonight because I will not go into the shop in the morning unless I'm going to meet you.

Where are you in Indy, and how tight is your travel schedule? Westfied Yamaha is on the north side of Indianapolis, (more or less on your way out of Indy) and did a good job for me replacing a front tire on my '07 RSV. I did remove and reinstall the wheel, but they took it in and I was out of there in less than an hour. Just another option.

http://www.westfieldyamaha.com/pages/CustomPage/Index/4723