IGNORED

Has Anyone Ever Cooked While Riding?

Condor

Mom and Dad used to cook meals on the manafold of the Model A while traveling cross country when I was a kid.... I'm toying with the idea of trying a small Pot Roast on the way to Cody. Triple wrapped in aluminum foil should keep the juices contained. Now I have to figure out where to place it??

I have. It works out alright. On the RSV it was pretty difficult to find a decent place that I didn't have to worry about the 'package' interfering with any of the parts (ie radiator fan) or falling out. I ended up making 4 different smaller packages with a bit of meat, potatoes, and carrots and sticking them on top of the block next to the plug wires in that little 'nest'. I wrapped my stuff with several layers of Aluminum foil to try to keep it from leaking. No leaks for me :)

I have also tried in front of the motor behind the radiator but that got tricky because of the radiator fan. I was never real happy with how it sat up there and feared it falling into the fan then having a 'roast shower' or worse yet, a problem with my fan. I tried a few other places and I think the alternative that worked okay involved attaching the foil packages to the dog bones. I did loose one that time, but the heat did work out okay.

Best of luck to you and happy eating!

They did that because way back then there wasn't any places to just stop and eat. And in your day Jack it took a while to skin and cook a buffalo anyway....:doh::whistling::rotf:

Pterodactyls..... :backinmyday:

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://trodinswebosaurcheats.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/ptero.jpg&sa=X&ei=OrYITvC8DcbbiAKv-7z_Dw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGEc99Ksx-dqbD5zxkqERLmE3SSyw

Moped and I have a one burner gas stove we use to cook on when we camp with the bike. I have a small 8 inch cast iron griddle and a small pan I can cook other things with. I also boil water in it and use those Folger coffee bags for that much needed coffee in the morning. It really tastes pretty good. Since we do not have a trailer to travel with it limits what we can bring.

Yama Mamaattachment.php?attachmentid=58013&stc=1&d=1309222592

You could'a cooked today in Oklahoma if you out riding. My temperature gage in my nice air conditioned vehicle registered 107 this afternoon. So I think you would be cooking roasted turkey if you were out this afternoon riding.