IGNORED

what I miss from my goldwing.

david Taylor

center stand, reverse, horn that doesn't have to be replaced, fuel injection, cruise control that doesn't quit going up a hill, a better sounding audio system, no chirping and greater visiblity. put all of this on the RSV and you would have the perfect bike. having said all of that I really do love my RSV and with those few exceptions I really don't miss the wing although I haven't been on a long trip yet, hopefull that will be soon.

Edited by david Taylor

I waited for years before I bought my Wing for Yamaha to add some modern day things to the RSV. They have been consistent in raising the price. Go figure. Now that I have my Wing to fit me I am very happy.

I guess the reason Yamaha doesn't make these changes is to keep the price down (relatively speaking)...I do enjoy the Wing, but if you check out the Wing sites, you will see people complaining about them as well...seems we are never happy with the offerings. The RSV is a great ride...stick to the positives about whatever you decide to take to the highway...life is too short to dwell on the negatives!

:missingtooth:

I like everything about a Goldwing except what it does to my back. I do not know why but every GW I have ever tried has done a number on my back. The RSV fits me real well and I don't start hurting till about the 7 or 8 hour point on the RSV.

I guess the reason Yamaha doesn't make these changes is to keep the price down (relatively speaking)...I do enjoy the Wing, but if you check out the Wing sites, you will see people complaining about them as well...seems we are never happy with the offerings. The RSV is a great ride...stick to the positives about whatever you decide to take to the highway...life is too short to dwell on the negatives!

:missingtooth:

:sign yeah that:

I first straddled my Wing on Feb. 27th of this year. I put the Venture in storage until I decided what to do with it. This last weekend, I took it out of storage in order to clean it up for sale. I drove it to work and was astonished at how small it felt. When I first got it, I thought it was a monster (my previous bike was a Virago 750). I still like the way it rides and the handlebars fit me much better than the Wing (of course they do...they are adjustable after all). I've seen several posts from other GW riders that say the handlebar risers will make a big difference, so I'm going to give that a try.

But, overall I'd have to say the Wing is just a much more powerful, much more comfortable, much more friendly bike to ride. Like the fact that I don't have to move my hand to reach the horn button. Or that I can pop the trunk open with a remote instead of having to fumble with a key. Or that the audio information is displayed in the center console and can be read in daytime as well as night. Or that I can use reverse gear when in gravel.

Yes, the Wing does have it's own challenges. Like changing the air filter (what a PITA that is!). But, I LIKE it!

So, if you know anyone looking for a really nice condition '83 Royale with only 5500 original miles, lemme know. Gonna take some pics this weekend and get them posted.

The only thing I dislike about my Camaro is that it is not a Corvette. Sorry for the abrasive sarcasm, but if you keep comparing you will never truly appreciate what you have. I had a goldwing for quite sometime and remember the wingers complaning about the foot control placement,the tires. timing belts, frequent valve adjustment and, carb synching more frequent than on our bikes. I noticed a big difference in bikes and would love to have both of them but I cant.

Enjoy your ride or serch for wha you want. It will be way cheaper to ride a wing than try to mold your venture into a wing.

IN Case anyone cares I LOVe my Royal Star Venture. I love that you can see the motor, I love the forward controls verses my feet going straight down. I can ride it for hours and hours. I guess the chirp is a pain but I really don't pay to much attention. I read on here where people keep trying to change something and figure out things but I don't have the time. I bought mine to ride and we rode 39,000 miles last year living in Illinois so you can see we don't have time to complain or try and change the bike. Again I love my bike. Oh yea and by the way I have a goldwing in the garage.:bighug::whistling:

Having owned both the Gold Wings and Ventures I have to say Gold Wing do have some advantages over the Venture but for me comfort is the main thing and for me the Venture beats the Gold Wing........... Better leg room

I don't have to remove half of the bike to do the air filter or remove the motor to change out the water pump

the Venture motor is easier to work on as for maintenance repairs

Don't get me wrong I Love the Wing but we're talking about two totaling different touring bikes with bullet proof motors.................. :thumbsup2:

I've had both and while I am very happy with my 'Wing, out on the highway at cruising speed I believe the Venture was more comfortable (Wife liked the ride on the Venture MUCH more!!). At low speed I found the Venture to be "heavy", much more so than the Wing. Bottom line to me, the Venture is a great Touring Cruiser, the Wing is a great Sport Tourer....Different animals. Get the one that suits YOU and ride!

I've had both and while I am very happy with my 'Wing, out on the highway at cruising speed I believe the Venture was more comfortable (Wife liked the ride on the Venture MUCH more!!). At low speed I found the Venture to be "heavy", much more so than the Wing. Bottom line to me, the Venture is a great Touring Cruiser, the Wing is a great Sport Tourer....Different animals. Get the one that suits YOU and ride!

:sign yeah that: Well said!