IGNORED

Need tires again! No Dunlop T.E. III rear though?

petekadish

I just got off the phone with the MotorcycleSuperstore.com wanting to order (for the third year in a row), another set of these: (I have been very happy with them!)

Dunlop Elite 3 Front Tire

Color - --, Size - 150/80H-16

SKU# 157506 On Order $106.99 1 $106.99

Dunlop Elite 3 Tour Rear Tire

Color - --, Size - MV85HB-15

SKU# 119995 Approved $130.99 1 $130.99

But, I was informed that the Touring Elite III Rear Tire has been discontinued, and they said that it wasn't replaced with another model. What's up with that?

So, I figured that I would go back to the Avon Venoms (which I also like a lot), but they want $76.00 more for the Avons than I paid for the T.E. IIIs last year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a different model comparable to either the T.E. III, or the Avon Venom, or a different dealer I should check-out? I have tried Metzler's, but don't really want to go back to them.

Thanks guys & Be Safe!

Pete.

Guest scarylarry

Try Jake wilson for Avons so far they have been the cheapest for me..

That is news to me on the E'3s I have ran them as well and was happy with them as well...

Wow E3's and Michellin's looks like the field is getting narrow for tires..

I just got off the phone with the MotorcycleSuperstore.com wanting to order (for the third year in a row), another set of these: (I have been very happy with them!)

But, I was informed that the Touring Elite III Rear Tire has been discontinued, and they said that it wasn't replaced with another model. What's up with that?

So, I figured that I would go back to the Avon Venoms (which I also like a lot), but they want $76.00 more for the Avons than I paid for the T.E. IIIs last year.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a different model comparable to either the T.E. III, or the Avon Venom, or a different dealer I should check-out? I have tried Metzler's, but don't really want to go back to them.

Thanks guys & Be Safe!

Pete.

try dennis kirk, says 10 in stock

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/search.jsp?searchString=mv85hb15&store=&resultType=subCategories&x=11&y=11

Thanks guys & Be Safe!

Pete.

It is still listed on the Dunlop website, http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=86 and they still show up when using the site fitment guide. So I call BS!!

you could try here,, http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=TUC_31-4410_G

Cycle Gear has a store in Draper.

Edited by hig4s

If you do find some E3s make sure to check the date code: I tried last summer to buy a set and they were over 3 years old on date code. May not make a differrance to you if you are using a set a year but I will never wear a set out withing the date recommendations.

I ended up with Metzler and am ok with them but will not hoist a flag too high for them. They feel real soft even at full pressures.

:2cents:..... does 2 cents get you an opion anymore? I know it is a nickel for a penny candy now days.

The E3's are still available according to the dunlap tire rep I just talked to. Try looking for a MV 85/15 size for the rear which is the number for the goldwing. I think you will find it that way. I wear out about 2 sets of them a year and just ordered a set last week. I get about 14,000 miles out of them on the back and could go about 18,000 on the front but change both when the rear gets thin. If you can't dind them the guy I order from could probably get you a set and have them shipped to you instead of him.

I too have seen something subtle here. What is the difference between these two models? Is there one, or did they just drop the word Touring off the model name? This is what I am replacing:

Item Quantity Total Item Price

Elite 3 Front Tire

Size - 150/80H-16

SKU# 157506 1 $106.99

Elite 3 Tour Rear Tire

Size - MV85HB-15

SKU# 119995 1 $130.99

I'm pretty sure that MotorcycleSuperstore/com is still a reputable dealer. I have purchased a number of sets of tires from them in the past without any issue. And, pehaps I just got someone on the phone today who just didn't know what she was talking about. I'll call them again tomorrow to double-check. It would be nice to be able to verify if what she said about the T.E. IIIs being officially discontinued is true though.

And, I don't really care where I purchase my next set from, as long as I am getting new tires with a full warranty. And of course, it would also be nice to find the best price.

As always, all of your suggestions and input are so much appreciated. :)

Be Safe!

Pete.

I called the MotorcycleSuperstore this morning, and double-checked on the availability of the Elite IIIs/Touring Elite IIIs (same tire). Apparently, the gal who I spoke with yesterday, somehow confused a note which she read which previously said "back-ordered" with the word "discontinued". Either way ..., they are still available. Unfortunately, their prices appear to have gone up significantly a few weeks ago. Oh well, at least I can keep riding on the tires I like for another season.

Be Safe!

Pete.

Guest scarylarry
I called the MotorcycleSuperstore this morning, and double-checked on the availability of the Elite IIIs/Touring Elite IIIs (same tire). Apparently, the gal who I spoke with yesterday, somehow confused a note which she read which previously said "back-ordered" with the word "discontinued". Either way ..., they are still available. Unfortunately, their prices appear to have gone up significantly a few weeks ago. Oh well, at least I can keep riding on the tires I like for another season.

Be Safe!

Pete.

They must not have eye coverage....:rotf::rotf::rotf: