IGNORED

Pre-mix Drinks?????

Aussie Annie

Thanks Evan [ignore Tom] The cans I buy here are made here! so just wondered if you have the mixed drinks in a can, or stubby [small glass bottle]

thanks for explaining what a "stubby" is .............:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:even I wouldn't comment on that one......wait. guess I just did....drink out of a can :moon: ...now that thar is funny:rotf::rotf::fnd_(16):

Launched in Australia in April 2001, this ready-to-drink beverage is a pre-mixed blend of six-year old Canadian Club and ginger ale. It is 10 -proof (5% abv) and is sold in a 330ml bottle. This beverage is also available in New Zealand, also coming pre-mixed with cola.

Got curious and started looking on line, so far cannot find anywhere that has it or will ship it anywhere but Australia. Of course Canadian Club and Ginger Ale is easy to find. :confused24:

OOPS: Now this says a "dry ginger ale" Have no idea what that is.

CC & Dry combines the unique smooth flavour of Canadian Club with a special Canada dry ginger blend

Edited by KarlS

I have never seen it in a can. but you can buy a fifth or larger bottle of Canadian Club and drink that when finished if your still standing you would then drink the bottle of Canada dry now just do a little dance to mix :dancefool:

Yep, gotta mix your own.

In some places there will be restrictions on purchasing Canadian Club. In some counties in Kentucky, Tennessee and other states there is no alcohol (at least hard liquor) sold. There are also many places where there are restrictions or prohibitions of Sunday alcohol sales.

Unless it's changed, in Ohio package liquor (not by the glass) can only be purchased at the State Liquor Store. This means you need to plan ahead for Sundays, holidays, evenings etc. There's no popping out at 10:00 Friday night because your party needs another 5th.

Schweppes is available, but you won't necessarily find it in every store. Canada Dry is easier to find I think.

If you come to Michigan do not let the natives talk you into drinking Vernors ginger ale. The stuff is just plain nasty. It's almost, but not exactly, unlike ginger ale. For some reason though people raised here think it's the nectar of the Gods.

Yep, gotta mix your own.

If you come to Michigan do not let the natives talk you into drinking Vernors ginger ale. The stuff is just plain nasty. It's almost, but not exactly, unlike ginger ale. For some reason though people raised here think it's the nectar of the Gods.

Halo Burger- Boston Cooler, VERNORS ginger ale and ice cream. OH SO GOOD.

Gotta be one in every bunch, don't there! :doh:

We must be special because I think we might have at least one more then just one in a bunch. I could be wrong though, but most likely only because there's more then one more. sorry it's a bit early and I gotta work today.

Margaret

Yup, liquor can only be bought at the ABC (liquor) store (big red dot on the building), though beer and wine can also be had at the grocery store (and gas stations (beer)). Down south you have to watch the "blue laws" which prohibit alcohol sales on sundays.

Also note that many if not most stores are open 7 days/wk and depending where you are may be 24/7, or they stay open late (0900pm) You will likely not find a "baker" a "butcher" or a "dairy" store, and depending where you go/are you can buy everything but the kitchen sink at the grocery store.

Ingle's groceries down here offers gas sales as well and gives 0.03cents of if you pay with their gift card. I.e. go buy a gift card, then go get gas with it. don't know if anyone up north does something like that but may be worth knowing.

The US allows right turns on red after coming to a stop.

The US allows passing on the right.

Unlike Europe, most road sign are written out; i.e. "no passing zone"

"California stops" are a slow down before rolling through a stop sign.

CB lingo for highway patrol: Smokey.

well, that's a start, others may have some useful info as well. Enjoy your stay, sorry I can't get to meet you.

Launched in Australia in April 2001, this ready-to-drink beverage is a pre-mixed blend of six-year old Canadian Club and ginger ale. It is 10 -proof (5% abv) and is sold in a 330ml bottle.

Here in the states you can mix it any % you want:scratchchin:.

Good Night Annie.:crackup:

Later, Scooter Bob

Hey Annie, that's my drink too. Can't beat "CC and Ginger". And just so happens that we live only about 20 miles from the home of "Canadian Club" in Windsor Ontario. I'm not sure if they do plant tours but if you would be interested I could look into it.

a quick note that the CC you buy in the US isnt the same as what is sold in Canada. In the US it is blended with some Bourbon whiskey for US tastes, in Canada it is not blended. I do not know what version Australia has. IMHO, the Canadian version is a bit smoother, but its all whatcha get used to, I think. (the pricing is much better in the US, so its easy to get used to the blended version....lol)

I would recommend sticking with Canada Dry or Schweppes Ginger Ale and avoid the Vernors, its more like a kiddy drink, not a good mixer in my opinion.

Brian

Years ago Seagrams had a Crown Royal that was for Canadians sales only.. not to be exported. I had a buddy who went moose hunting in Canada every year and always smuggled a couple of cases back home with him. Talk about smooth.... I don't drink much now so I'm out of the loop as to what's available. However I don't think you'll find CC and Ginger in a can in the US... You never know what those Canucks will do.... :)

Years ago Seagrams had a Crown Royal that was for Canadians sales only.. not to be exported. I had a buddy who went moose hunting in Canada every year and always smuggled a couple of cases back home with him. Talk about smooth.... I don't drink much now so I'm out of the loop as to what's available. However I don't think you'll find CC and Ginger in a can in the US... You never know what those Canucks will do.... :)

Yep Crown Royal on ice is my Canadian whiskey of choice...... But again going into the US they add corn whiskey to Crown and blend it, they say for US tastes,but I kinda wonder if its because Corn whiskey is cheaper than the rye whiskey?:confused24:

brian

Annie - gotta be careful, most states have an open container law. If there is an open container of liqueur found in a vehicle after an accident, speeding ticket or any cause for a leo to stop and look into your vehicle, it could cause serious ramifications. Any liqueur purchases should be made in smaller containers or drink it all. Most importantly, do not put an open bottle in your bike, trike, truck or anything you may drive down the highway.

I'm just sayin'