IGNORED

Venture Powered 34'Coupe

trganey

Hi All,

Just wanted to get aquainted with everyone so that as I go through my project and ask for help you'll know what I'm up to. A couple er 3 years ago I started a project to put a Venture drive train and electronics into a legend's race car. Not just a standard legend but one that would have two seats and be registered for the road. Fast forward to now,,,,,,The frame has been widened and is complete, the body has been widened and is mostly complete except for the hood and grille. The rearend is installed with a 4link. The engine/trans is mounted but not yet connected to the drive shaft. The current project is the exhaust. We intend to run them into side pipes. The two biggest projects left is an offset drive between the trans and the drive shaft to reverse the direction of rotation and to get the output back to the center of the vehicle to line up with the drive shaft and of course the electrical system. I intend to incorperate the complete electrical system from the bike into the car including the dash board/speedometer, stereo, CB etc. At the moment I don't have any pictures handy but I'll try and get some posted later. Thanks in advance for allowing me to lean on your knowledge as I'm sure I will as I attempt to get this project going.:fingers-crossed-emo

TR

Don't legends cars run a Yamaha motor normally, and won't you mount the engine up front as far as possible then the pipes could have a big bend to the outside of the car, then a bend backwards along the sides for the side pipes. On my trike I ran the pipes straight back thur the bumper area, ditched the stock mufflers, put small mufflers [12''] and bent some pipes around rear end to get this effect.

They normally run a Yamaha inline 4 mounted sideways. Since we didn't increase the length of the car the front to rear room is a little tight but we'll get the exhaust in there. It'll come out behind the front wheels and turn back into the side pipes.

Very neat project. Anxious to have a look at it. I have a full size real steel '32 5W coupe. SBC powered of course.

Yeah, I have a 37 ford coupe that is built ford tough with chevy stuff.

img src="http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/trganey/Allpicsfromcamera1197.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

This was on the first Saturday in December of 09' @ the Eldridge Children's Home. We do a benefit for them every year that includes a car/bike show. Usually there are 600+ bikes there regardless of the weather. I'm sure that there is someone on here that has been to the event.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a few weeks ago, I saw a Vmax drivetrain in a T bucket, beautifully done here in mid Michigan. It can be done indeed. He left the car show before I talked much to him, I would love to have gotten some pix, but just happened upon the car show unawares and uncamered.

FYI

Back to the Fifties which is or was the Street Rod Nationals is at the Minnesota State Fair grounds this weekend. Ya I know short notice.

Last time I went they had 10,000 plus street rods. No way to see them all but fun trying.

Let see some pictures of your project with the Venture engine. We are all dying to see.

:dancefool::dancefool::dancefool: