IGNORED

1st Gen trailer hitches ?

BEER30

• 2 months later...
Ok Jeff . Once I get the hitch , I get Tommy right on it . Make them receiver hitches at that as well .

BEER30

Any updates, on this project?????

A few of us will want to to be able to hook up the trailer, that we hope to win in July. That is, after buying the winning ticket...........

Any updates, on this project?????

A few of us will want to to be able to hook up the trailer, that we hope to win in July. That is, after buying the winning ticket...........

I'll check on the progress tomorrow by paying a visit at my welder .

BEER30

I dont want to sound like the wet rag here....but there is a certain liability that is involved with making hitches. I have been approached many times to make hitches, which I know that I can and make them plenty strong. That being said 1 wrong accident and any type of problem that relates to the hitch and it will get ugly. This is why I didn't make any, it's not worth the $100 or so to get sued and loose everything. Gene make damn sure your friend realises the position that he is putting himself in

....sorry fellas, just $.02 worth :confused24:

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys for not posting sooner about this subject . My welder has received the dies to do the bending , but the tubing is not wanting to co-operate . The tubing is pinching on him and he's not satisfied with it . He even went to another welder friend of his to bend the tubing with his machine ,and still a no go .

Now the problem lies within the bending of the tubing . We know where to get the tubing bent on a computerized bender and we are checking on the pricing and minimum pieces to bend . Once it is bent , my welder will do his thing .

Once again , my apologies for not responding sooner on the news . I just have too many irons in the fire to keep up with everything .

BEER30

Do you need a flashlight in them dark recess's?

Margaret

Mini, i don't think so. He's seeing some Light from the End of the Tunnel and soon he will see the brightest Light when he's out riding again.

Sorry guys for not posting sooner about this subject . My welder has received the dies to do the bending , but the tubing is not wanting to co-operate . The tubing is pinching on him and he's not satisfied with it . He even went to another welder friend of his to bend the tubing with his machine ,and still a no go .

Now the problem lies within the bending of the tubing . We know where to get the tubing bent on a computerized bender and we are checking on the pricing and minimum pieces to bend . Once it is bent , my welder will do his thing .

Once again , my apologies for not responding sooner on the news . I just have too many irons in the fire to keep up with everything .

BEER30

Fill 'm with sand before you bend 'm and they won't kink.....

Fill 'm with sand before you bend 'm and they won't kink.....

I thought so too , But having to pay to get these made , makes it more labor/cost intense . Waiting on the pipe bender people can duplicate the bends exactly every time and data be stored in the puter for more later on will be a benny for the future . I'm waiting on Tommy to call me back , which should be soon as I have his Harley Hummer seat that I am recovering as ransom ! :rotf::rotf::stirthepot:

BEER30

With the gas prices i was thinking i could haul a little trailer to do some of my boat canvas work delivering a cover and stuff. can one bre made for a 84 with my lightbar? I know ive seen pics of bikes like mine with a hitch

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/1984YAMAHA1300e.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/MikeM8560/Venture%20XVZ12/1984YAMAHA1300d.jpg

I have a Markland I picked up from Squidly about a year ago for $65 bucks that I no longer have a need for if anyone's interested. You'll have to make the side struts out of flat stock. Supposed to fit the 83-85.

condor is this like Buddys?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13783&d=1196398443

if so what would you take for it?

Mini, i don't think so. He's seeing some Light from the End of the Tunnel and soon he will see the brightest Light when he's out riding again.

Waiting on shims for the valves, springs and parts for the forks, frame sent to the sandblasters yesterday and pick up in a day or 2. Sending forks in to be rebuilt, hope to have frame, etc. painted by the weekend, then LET THE REASSEMBLY BEGIN!!!!!!

dAN

• 5 months later...