IGNORED

"Sweet Thing" moving to TX with Old School

Red Ryder

Hey All, my "Sweet Thing" has found a new owner, and home in TX. Yesturday Evening, Old School heading back home to TX from Northern Michigan.

I will miss that Beautiful 03 RSV. Best Motorcycle I have ever owned!!!

I know Ray wouldn't ask, but ...he has a long way to go, and is tight on time and money. A stayover at one of our members might help him out. It would also be great if some VR members jumped on their bikes and rode with him a bit. Later-

It looks like it fits him well.... really like that color combo. I will watch the thread and look for him coming my way. no beds in our crowded (women infested, haha) but would be glad to ride with him.

Frank

Ray made it to Coldwater Michigan last night and when he called me this morning he was getting into Ft. Wayne. He is heading I 70 over to I 57 and down into Memphis, he is going to attempt to get into the Litle Rock Arkansas area tonight. He'll finish the ride to Temple Texas tomorrow. As I get more info out of him I'll post his whereabouts up

:thumbsup2:

BTW....He is one happy camper with his new bike! :banana:

Hope he realizes he has to join us here too

He is a member here Annie, his screen name is Oldschool. Ray is a good friend of mine and has been chomping at the bit for several months to get a 2nd gen. I am happy that he was finally able to get his wish

At least he got the best color.:happy34:

He went a little too far west for me. I hope he doesn't have any trouble going that way, because there is a lot of flooding in the area he's taking.

I mentioned for him to stick with the slabs, all interstates as far as he could. I'll try to get ahold of him and see how he's fairing.

:)

Just got off the phone with Ray, he is staying in Sikeston Missouri tonight and would appreciate any help with good road info. Seems lots of roads are flooded, unfortunately he doesn't have a laptop with him. So he can't get online and scope things out. If any of the Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas members could help him out with good road info that would be much appreciated.

His cell # is 713 301 3418 give him a shout if you want. Thanks in advance for the info :thumbsup2:

He's SCR***D.

I55 south of Sikeston is flooded.

I55 North to St. Louis is flooded.

According to MoDOT map at http://maps.modot.mo.gov/timi/

He needs to take US 60 west to Poplar Bluff, then US 67 S to Little Rock. Then he's on I40.

It'll be a zoo with all the truckers trying to get around the flood too.

I'll call him.

Talked to Ray. Told him what the DOT maps are showing. he's going to call me again in the morning and I'll double check to see if anything has changed.

Edited by RandyR

I mentioned for him to stick with the slabs, all interstates as far as he could. I'll try to get ahold of him and see how he's fairing.

:)

My brother was headed to Dallas today and had to take a detour off of I40 West around Little Rock. Said that they had it closed.

I just talked to Ray again. Nothing new on the DOT maps. Some fog around Poplar Bluff, but hopefully that will burn off by the time he gets there. Flood warnings for the St. Francis River which he has to cross, but US 60 looks open.

Just talked with Ray again, he's about 25 miles out of Little Rock on one of the 2 lanes. He's going to stop and see a family member in Little Rock (his Daughter I believe) and then onto Temple tonight. Thanks again for all the help fellas

I rode my 65 Honda 305 Superhawk from St. Louis to Temple TX in 1968. Headed for Ft. Hood which was only another 40 miles. I was so tired I almost fell over and couldn't make it the last hour ride that night.

Talked with Ray about 45 minutes ago, he was rolling into Texarkana. He's thinking he should be getting home between 10 and 11 pm. He's definitely getting to know his '03 up close and personal with the Evelin Woods speed riding course

:sign20:

Revision....

Talked with Ray again and he's held up inside Texas. Called his son in Temple and jr. told him not to chance coming across as they are having some bad storms out that way. So he got another room and will head home in the morning. I'm sort of glad he's done for the night, that many miles is hard on a body, especially on a new bike. Thanks again for following the saga :sign20:

Good Morning Venture Riders! It' me ....Ray! I made it home and hit the floor! I just woke up and would like to thank everyone on the site for the help and concern. It makes me proud to be a member of the group and I will help out anyway that I can if someone needs it. All I can say is ....It was an Adventure on my Venture! Remember my friends.....as long as you have an ATM card in your wallet or money in your pocket and you're riding your bike...you're never lost....it just takes you a little longer to get there!