IGNORED

Just curious, How many Wing Riders do we have on the site?

Midrsv

I'm looking and thinking about it.

.....................|

.....................|

.....................|

.......common | step over the line

.....................|

.....................|

.....................|

you know you want to!!!

Dray

Edited by dray

.....................|

.....................|

.....................|

.........common | step over the line

.....................|

.....................|

.....................|

you know you want to!!!

Dray

Make darn sure you want to before you do.. Those Ventures are really good bikes.. :thumbsup2:

Goldwings have thier problems too..

I have a RSV and a GL 1000 goldwing.

That counts, so that makes us 20 1/2.

I must say that I rode the wing 260 miles last Sunday and I was ready to get off. While it's got a great motor and handles much better than the RSV, it can't compare for comfort toward the end of a long day. And I had expected better.

There are a couple of things I need to do to try to improve the comfort.

Dennis

That counts, so that makes us 20 1/2.

I must say that I rode the wing 260 miles last Sunday and I was ready to get off. While it's got a great motor and handles much better than the RSV, it can't compare for comfort toward the end of a long day. And I had expected better.

There are a couple of things I need to do to try to improve the comfort.

Dennis

Dennis....

A few things that made all the difference in the world for me:

*** Highway pegs let me get my feet out from under me

*** Handlebar risers. Moved up and back to accomodate my short arms

*** Go to WalMart and get the $20 gel cushion in the automotive dept. Wow, biggest difference of all. So good that I got one for Donna too. Two of my riding buddies also bought 2 each. Try it.

Joe

Dennis....

A few things that made all the difference in the world for me:

*** Highway pegs let me get my feet out from under me

*** Handlebar risers. Moved up and back to accomodate my short arms

*** Go to WalMart and get the $20 gel cushion in the automotive dept. Wow, biggest difference of all. So good that I got one for Donna too. Two of my riding buddies also bought 2 each. Try it.

Joe

I've already done the first two and I've got an Airhawk cushion I plan to try on the next extended ride. I need to reposition the highway pegs and try to do something about the wind buffeting. Maybe air wings and/or a taller windshield.

Dennis

I've already done the first two and I've got an Airhawk cushion I plan to try on the next extended ride. I need to reposition the highway pegs and try to do something about the wind buffeting. Maybe air wings and/or a taller windshield.

Dennis

Taller, wider windshield and the wings under the mirrors will solve the buffeting.

I have the F4 + 4, Dennis, and it's the best I ever owned. Also have the Baker uppers, lowers, and hand wings. They really make a difference in buffeting as well as allowing you to block more air when it's cold, and direct air inward when it is hot. Well worth the expense.

I have the F4 + 4, Dennis, and it's the best I ever owned. Also have the Baker uppers, lowers, and hand wings. They really make a difference in buffeting as well as allowing you to block more air when it's cold, and direct air inward when it is hot. Well worth the expense.

Joe, is the F4+4 still adjustable? In the video on their site they say it is not but in the description they say it is. I'll probably order one either way.

Dennis

Joe, is the F4+4 still adjustable? In the video on their site they say it is not but in the description they say it is. I'll probably order one either way.

Dennis

I've never tried to adjust mine....don't know why I would. I have it set at the full down position and it is still much higher than I could ever see over. Raising it up would do me no good.

My guess is that it would be hard to move....but probably not impossible. It is a bit thicker than the Honda shield, so when you release the clamps it will still have some extra friction on it.

Maybe someone else here who has one will have the definitive answer.

It sure is nice to not have to worry about scratching it while cleaning. Plus you can use rainx on it, and the bugs clear off really easily.

Joe

I am the 2nd dozen (24). I ain't been on in a while been to much going on. So much in fact my fork seals and front springs are still in the packages. Been ridin her any way rolled over 28 K yesterday. I do have avons front and back now. really handles good. Wish we could get some rain so I can see how they do on the wet stuff.

Guest my14car

Were up to # 24 i have the baker wings and love them big difference. Got one wally world seat pad well worth the money the wife and seam scramble for it frist, going to get another today so we both have one. Will be adding the F4 prior to next winter was a little cold down here in florida. Had to use chaps frist time in 20 years.

Looks like I have made it 26.

Found a low mileage 08 Pearl White and just had to have it.

Plus the Pearl White is the prettiest color and possibly the fastest but that may be another thread.

I will miss my Venture though as she is a great bike and was just damn comfortable on a trip. We saw quite a few sights together and will be missed.

I guess I make 27. Proud owner of a 2010 Goldwing, had it 1 month+ 3k miles, still can't quit smilin':322:

We bought about the same time but I can't seem to get any miles on mine, about 1100. The rain just won't seem to stop around here and I was out of town on business for a week.

What color did you get?

Dennis