IGNORED

Voyager Kit on a Venture Royale

OldGazer

Thinking about installing a Voyager Kit on a '91 Venture Royale.

I can ride the bike just fine, but since I tip the scales at 150# soaking wet after a good meal, I have some trouble when the GF (who just happens to out weigh me a tad....:whistling:) is aboard.

My riding buddy has a Voyager Kit on his RS TD because he has bad legs, and he loves it.

I've done some work on his bike, so I have a good idea of what's there, but I'd like to install the kit myself, so I would really like to know about any "gotchas" there might be.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Y'All ride safe...

Got the details sorted out. I didn't want to go to the local H-D stealer, so I was thinking about doing this myself. While I was looking for a vendor I found a guy right here in Richmond.

This is a family owned "dealer". Mom does sales, and son handles installs and tweaks.

Took a ride over with my club's prez to check them out. Henry was having some issues with the Voyager on is RS TD, and 1 hour and $40.00 later, H's rig rides great! H was so happy he tipped the guy $10.00.

At that point I was sold. Came back to the house and told the GF what the deal was. She calls her mother to pass on the good news, and the old girl said she'd pay for the kit and the install! Gotta love it!

Sometime in the next two weeks we will have a trike! Yeeee Hawwww!

Y'All Ride Safe, and see Ya at Rolling Thunder!!!!

Yes, it is a nice alternative to the tri-wing trike kit and a lot cheaper! The only real issue is the turning radius is a tad wide compared to a regular trike kit. The nice thing about the Voyager is that it can be removed quite easily!

Yah! The 1st gen is a very tall bike, but very comfortable 2 up. Enjoy the ride!!

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got the finances squared away (Credit Union took its sweet time moving an IRA to a real bank....:mad: ), so today I made a counter deposit to my local dealer and ordered a Voyager kit for our '91.

The kit should ship in the next 3 days or so, and it should get here 2 or 3 days later. That puts us past this weekend, but the installer is already booked, so we have to wait until weekend after next, then its on to Rolling Thunder!!!!!

:fingers-crossed-emo

Y'All Ride Safe...

I picked up a used voyager kit for my RSV.Installed it myself.It's not that hard to do.Pretty basic stuff.The instruction arn't that go,but if you can turn a wrench you can figure it out.It does take some time to fine tune it.I'm still playing with tire pressure and shock pressure to get the wobbles out.If you've never ridin one before,the first time will be a shocker!You will experence front end shake at slow speed and on bumpy roads. if you have a lot of shake you may need to check you alianment.also try lowering the trike tire pressure a few lbs.I have found that it rides better when 2 up then when I'm by my self.One more thing,it will give you a great upper body work out.You have to muscle it through the turns and twisties.Good luck.

I run no shock pressure when solo riding. I was recently sent an email by the Australian importer, with info on a couple of upgrades for the XVS1300 kit. One was for the rear belly bracket, and the other one was a new suspension lock block.

Check with Voyager :thumbsup2:

• 3 weeks later...

Got the bike back today, and I'm STOKED!!!!:cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

I expected the ride to be different, but this thing is SMOOTH.... Ya gotta man-handle her a little through the tight turns, but just cruising she is fine.

This kit has the newer rubber suspension and the belly bracket as opposed to the belly plate and regular shocks on my buddy's RSTD. The RSTD kit bounces quite a bit 'cause of the skinny tires, so I upgraded to 14" wheels and wider tires. For $85.00 I couldn't pass it up.

Edited by OldGazer
Hit send too soon....

Been riding for the last two days, and this rig is AWESOME!!!! My arms get a little workout at times (especially on the tighter turns/corners), but cruising the super slab is a piece of cake. Took a ride to a school parking lot, and in less than 10 minutes my GF was ridding like she owned the place.

This is going to make our trek to Rolling Thunder a blast. I'll be on my '03 Sportster and the GF will be on the Venture with her 17 year old grand daughter.... Gotta love it.

• 4 months later...