IGNORED

Hal's hullabaloo bonnet ride & m&e

Santa Hal

make sure you eat enough!........... This has never been an issue!! Sorry you gotta miss this..Next time!! ( I`ll take some pics for ya!) :smile5:

Thanks Buddy!

I might stop by after work and take the rotors off the "Donor Bike" in the garage. The rotors on Don's 2 wheeler are warped and I need to get better ones on it for him to sell....Have fun :thumbsup2:

Thats cool, I should be back by then, need to move abunch of crap, if not, you know where everything is...

Thanks Buddy!

I might stop by after work and take the rotors off the "Donor Bike" in the garage. The rotors on Don's 2 wheeler are warped and I need to get better ones on it for him to sell....Have fun

:thumbsup2:

Looks like I'm the first one home!

It was an absolutely fun day. I'm now 10 yrs older than I started the day out being because of what we think was a blast of crosswind caught me and the Wee Beastie coming around a turn and caused the bike to start to go down. I had a choice of letting it go down on the blacktop and gravel or going into the ditch. I chose the ditch. Somehow I managed to keep the Beastie upright and got it back under control and out of the ditch. I still can't believe I pulled that one off!

The day was also marked by a few wrong turnings and missed turn offs but I certainly had a good time. The weather and countryside was absolutely gorgeous even though the bluebonnets are few and far between this year thanks to the drought conditions we are in. It got hot!

As for the food, the Hullaballoo Diner is everything it's supposed to be. Some of the crew opted for breakfast and got pancakes the size of the plate! We ended up sitting on the outside deck listening to a great guitarist/singer [who needs to turn his amp down!]. My only complaint was an 18% "gratuity" tacked onto a ticket when the only service I received was them delivering my food and the bill!

I broke off at my home base of Brenham on the way back while the rest of the crew were headed for the DQ in Belleville and some ice cream. Hope everyone got back safe!!

:group cheers:

Hal,

Want to say the ride was great!! really liked your route, and we had a great time with great freinds!! Good Job!!!

Kelly, it was great to see you, glad you were able to make the ride, enjoyed it!!

Brenda, that was some kind of riding!! I don`t think you got below 45 even while in the ditch for about 100yrds. The wind was nasty!! It had me on the white line a few times, and I feel like I`ve been beat upon the head and shoulders...

Got to see the under side of 2 RSV`s...thats always exciting, just glad that no one got hurt! The big guy was with us all today.

Every one else, please check in when you get home..

again, had a great time!!

Thanks "Wrong Way" Hal !! LOL

Glad ya`ll made it home safe!! We had a great time, it was great to see ya`ll again. That Spot tracker is cool!!! Better get ya some milk to go with those pancakes!!

Mollie and I had a blast. 350 miles later for us. Enjoyed it all. Here is a link of my spot trip today. Glad to meet up with everyone again. Well gotta go and finish my pancakes, will send pics Janet.

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0LsFxH1KvL0Qf88mKCGqo63hChmDbJ087

Great ride. Thanks for pulling it together, Hal. I have ridden many miles off road on motorcycles, but I really dont think I am going to challenge Brenda's stunt in the ditch. That was nothing short of a Miracle. The wind was a pain all day and night. I got home safety at about midnight after a dark windy 110 mile ride back from Caldwell after the wedding last night. I only logged about 310 miles, so even with the detour Perry had a longer day.

Great ride, great food, great friends everyone home safe. Even with the wrong turns and a few inconsequential misshaps that makes a GREAT DAY!

hi all

great ride hal & val thanks for the day. had a great rubin sandwich w/ hand made onion rings, cathie had liver and onions. got home at 6:00 pm yesterday ( pulled anouther one of my infamous 24 hr days ) after 356 miles. we split off from the group after lunch and headed home. took hwy. 30 to huntsville but took a short detour to bedies, texas. stoped at the only gas station there, been that way forever. they have a cuite t-shirt for sell that says " where in the hell is bedies,texas". took f.m. 1696 back to huntsville. then f.m. 1725 back home. had a great day with friends even took in a motorcycle show in a ditch at over 45 mph. very blessed day the old man up staris was watching over this member.

reguards

don c.

Thanks for everyone that came for the ride. We had a BLAST!!! A BLAST of FUN a BLAST of WIND a BLAST with good friends! Glad everyone made it safe. Great riding job Brenda when you got pushed into the ditch by the wind. Looking forward to the next M&E.

Wrong Way Hal & Right Way Val

PS Lets not forget to say bye to wrong way Kreggerdoodle too. LOL:322:

LOL Love the name change!!! Remember...you aint lost, if you don`t care where your at!!!!

K

Thanks for everyone that came for the ride. We had a BLAST!!! A BLAST of FUN a BLAST of WIND a BLAST with good friends! Glad everyone made it safe. Great riding job Brenda when you got pushed into the ditch by the wind. Looking forward to the next M&E.

PS Lets not forget to say bye to wrong way Kreggerdoodle too. LOL:322:

Sorry it took me so long, but here is the pictures that we took

[ATTACH]55690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55689[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]55691[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55693[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55694[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55695[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55696[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55697[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55698[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]55701[/ATTACH]

There has been a semi-recurring thread "talking" about a "Pass it on" monthly ride. Hal's ride took care of April and I have been looking at putting one together for May. I've had ideas for a run up here around where I live but the work schedule and stuff going on at home have kept me from checking out the route I have in mind, most of which I've never been on.

Thanks to my work "anniversary" being next month, I have and am currently using a week's vacation that I had and must use or lose before that date. The plan was to spend a day on the Wee Beastie checking out the route and travel time. I was planning on breakfast for the group at the Golden Corral in College Station and going KU from there with lunch somewhere in/around Brenham.

Only one problem. I got a phone call at work from my Mum. Since the company won't release personal info over the phone, I found a tiny note to me stuck to the time clock [i work graveyard shift]. End result was a mild case of panic wondering what had gone wrong at home?? Seems she forgot she was to call me only on my cell and was trying to reach me on the home land line which we no longer have. The result of MY call to her was three days of massive housecleaning :D and my picking her up at the train station in Austin on Friday.

End result is she is now sitting about 6 ft from me watching my telly and I'm hoping for at least one day where we can cage it and check out the route as I will not ride 2up on the Beastie. Oh Fun!! I'll post any results from that lil trip and we'll start figuring out which weekend works best for the group! Any suggestions?!?!

We are up for the trip. If it's up in College Station need to give a heads up for ample arrival time. Most people live pretty far from there. We are about 137 miles away and Perry & Owen are further than that. Other than that it sounds good. Hope all goes well with your time with your mother.

:rotf:

sounds good, just check out the site and see if anything else is going on, pick a date and post it..... :7_2_104[1]:

There has been a semi-recurring thread "talking" about a "Pass it on" monthly ride. Hal's ride took care of April and I have been looking at putting one together for May. I've had ideas for a run up here around where I live but the work schedule and stuff going on at home have kept me from checking out the route I have in mind, most of which I've never been on.

Thanks to my work "anniversary" being next month, I have and am currently using a week's vacation that I had and must use or lose before that date. The plan was to spend a day on the Wee Beastie checking out the route and travel time. I was planning on breakfast for the group at the Golden Corral in College Station and going KU from there with lunch somewhere in/around Brenham.

Only one problem. I got a phone call at work from my Mum. Since the company won't release personal info over the phone, I found a tiny note to me stuck to the time clock [i work graveyard shift]. End result was a mild case of panic wondering what had gone wrong at home?? Seems she forgot she was to call me only on my cell and was trying to reach me on the home land line which we no longer have. The result of MY call to her was three days of massive housecleaning :D and my picking her up at the train station in Austin on Friday.

End result is she is now sitting about 6 ft from me watching my telly and I'm hoping for at least one day where we can cage it and check out the route as I will not ride 2up on the Beastie. Oh Fun!! I'll post any results from that lil trip and we'll start figuring out which weekend works best for the group! Any suggestions?!?!

I'm open to any suggestions for a different starting point. The Shell station on 362/290 near Kreg's is always an option. I'd just have to figure a route from there to get to the areas I have in mind. If nothing else, G.C. can end up being our lunch point instead of breakfast. Or we can have another go at the Diner [earplugs!].

I'd also like to know if the group would be interested in doing some twisties or would prefer to stay with the scenic stuff. The route I have in mind up here is about half and half [so far as I know that is]. I've not been on part of it [the twisties] at all and the part I have been on I was in my car at the time. This is why I want to ride it first, to make sure the road is good enough for our bikes and wide enough for the group to travel on as parts of it are county roads, not FM's or state/fed. highways. I am going to do some checking out of other options in the same area and see what I can put together.

All help gratefully appreciated!!