IGNORED

Ohhhhh...SNAP

Wolfie

Man, oh man, I have learned a VALUBLE lesson. I will never open an attached thread from any e-mail or posting from anywhere again. Rednecks computer lost EVERYTHING including his desktop to a very bad virus night before last. I just about did today, only thing I had left was the desktop, but couldn't go to anything on it, and my son was able to do a system restore after doing the viruse scan, so I basically have a brand new computer, nothing was saved, I lost EVERYTHING. Was bearly able to find you guys again.:) Be carful when on the internet, I had 99 bad viruses and at least 6 Trojan viruses, and several worms. They are mean and the only way to get rid of them for good is a total system restore (if you catch them in time). Have to send Redneck's new computer back to Gateway and see if they can do a restore, he has Vista, so he took back his old computer to be online, when he gets back home. Good luck out there, just wish there weren't so many bad people that would make these stupid worm and viruses to attack computers. BTW they can attach to photos, videos and music files also.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving.

:080402gudl_prv:

Man if you aint speaking the truth!!!! I just responded to a thread from randya about this exact nonsense.. I bought some spyware software from Best Buy a few months ago and that stuff is AWESOME - 10 bucks, I run it every few days and there have only been a few times that it hasnt found something.. A system restore is easy to do BUT it doesnt always take out the bug - usually it will but not always.

On my email I just start at the bottum of list and hit delete until I get to mail from someone I know.. I bother even opening mail if it aint from someone I want to hear from...

I agree about the rotten suckers who write this crap.. Like to shove one of their worms....................

'Puc

I use Trend Micro PC-cillan for my real time firewall. It's the real deal and takes care of everything. They even have a free 'house call' virus scan if you think you have a virus. It costs, but worth every penny. Now days even using a manual cleaner will be too late. What get's me is that we'll go out and spend $400-$2000 for a PC to surf the web and not protect it. Years ago running barefoot I picked up two viruses on another machine, and was locked out of everything. Couldn't even get on the web in normal ways. Dead in the water. Luckly I did a search to see the last file downloaded and when I double clicked on it I got online. (OK,dumb luck) Didn't know anything about Trend but did their free-be house call. They found not just one but two viruses. One was keyed to go off in the future. They also gave me detailed instructions how to manually delete them. They also had a 30 day free trial offer so I tried it. Been with it ever since. Updates itself every morning, and a lot during the day when there's a major world wide virus attack going on. Spam mail is non existant. I highly recomend it to everyone. In my internet based business I can't afford to be down and out for even a couple of days, and my email address is everywhere out there on the net....

I'm running Avast antivirus (free) and Ad Aware Personal antispyware (also free) on my machines at home. Both seem to work well. If I suspect a problem, I'll run a scan on both and the problem seems to disappear. I've used AVG (free) but had problems with the startup times; I run older machines and I cant reschedule the scan on bootup with the free version. I ran Trend antivirus on my ancient Win95/DOS machines, and it worked well, so I'll say they probably are better now. Amy got an early Christmas present of a Sony laptop (Black Friday, daughter went last night) and it runs Trend.

If you don't know what you're running, it's probably Microsoft's stuff, which is better than nothing. You really need a firewall, an antivirus, and a spyware detection/removal tool. Some companies offer an all in one package. If you can't install it, your local neighborhood geek store will put it on for a nominal charge. It's worth the frustration of not losing everything once, and it will save you many times over.

Guest longtrain59

HI guys,

I have Trend Micro on my company laptop, I have never had a problem with viruses, it also protects my Blackberry 8300 Curve, which also has a processor.

I run Windows One Care on my wife's laptop. She is on disability and stays home most of the time. She uses email to stay in contact with family and friends using two email addresses. We have had no problems and it blocks everything. I like one feature it has that will protect all your information and that is the automatic back up feature. On a weekly scheduled basis the program backs up all her info on a 4 meg thumb drive. So, if there is a hard drive crash or anyother major failure all her information can restored upon repair.

Hope everyone enjoys the long week end holiday!

Hi I am Classicride a new member that joined about a week ago. I am a proud owner of a Blu/Blk 2007 RSV with 10 miles on the Odo. I solved the Windows virus issue by running Ubuntu Linux instead of Windows. I had just one to many viruses and the cash I had to hand over to Norton.

Classicride

:080402gudl_prv:

PC-Cillin by Trend Micro for me.... It's rated at the top of the list by almost every PC Magazine and it quite user friendly. Another cool thing is the 2007 version can be loaded on up to three systems. Just so happens that's the magic number at my house so I get three times the coverage for one low price!!! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have a very good friend who's been in the PC business for years. He swears by Trend-Micro.... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2: