IGNORED

Electra Glide Question

royalstar09

Dont shoot please. I am in a little situation and have had a possible opportunity to obtain a 2007 Electra Glide with 31,000 miles in very very good condition. It will allow me to remain in a bike but will eliminate my situation with the RSV. Keep in mind the RSV itsself is not my issue. I love this bike from what little I have rode it. BUT I can get out from under it and have a Electra Glide. Granted I will have some remaining debt obviously, but without going head deep into details it works better.

What could I expect as far as handling, balance, low speed handling, etc comparing the Electra Glide to the RSV??

If you are interested in keeping an RSV and would entertain a trade with some cash, I've got an 01 in decent condition, just rolled over 52k miles, replaced the rear shock with a works shock last summer.

I'd be willing to deliver too. PM me if you are interested, want more info or whatever.

Best of luck to you!

If you are interested in keeping an RSV and would entertain a trade with some cash, I've got an 01 in decent condition, just rolled over 52k miles, replaced the rear shock with a works shock last summer.

I'd be willing to deliver too. PM me if you are interested, want more info or whatever.

Best of luck to you!

And its definetly a 'chick magnet":rasberry: Craig

Guest scarylarry
And its definetly a 'chick magnet":rasberry: Craig

Take a RSV put a set of HD pipes on it pull one vaccum line off and you have a HD

Also remove the emblems too...:rotf::rotf:

I went from a RSTD to an '08 Ultra. I rode an Ultra last year and really liked it. I had heard so much on this forum about Harleys vibrating that I was blown away by how smooth they were. They vibrate at idle, but even my wife commented that the Harley is smoother riding.

Things that I like about the Harley are the better braking, better low speed handling, sound system with rear speakers and dual controls, V-twin sound, quick release saddle bags.

The RSTD has better take off, but they're about the same on the hwy. The RSTD is easier to change oil on.

One thing I don't like about the Harley is the attitude some Harley riders have, and every time you stop for a Coke somebody wants to talk to you about the Harley they had 20 years ago, and sometimes I just want to go.

I went from a RSTD to an '08 Ultra. I rode an Ultra last year and really liked it. I had heard so much on this forum about Harleys vibrating that I was blown away by how smooth they were. They vibrate at idle, but even my wife commented that the Harley is smoother riding.

Things that I like about the Harley are the better braking, better low speed handling, sound system with rear speakers and dual controls, V-twin sound, quick release saddle bags.

The RSTD has better take off, but they're about the same on the hwy. The RSTD is easier to change oil on.

One thing I don't like about the Harley is the attitude some Harley riders have, and every time you stop for a Coke somebody wants to talk to you about the Harley they had 20 years ago, and sometimes I just want to go.

Good info, I know we have a few other members here that have gone from RSTD or RSV to some variation of H-D maybe they will chime in too.

(Sorry royalstar09 - I should have PMed that to ya, I didn't mean to divert the thread; you other folks are funny though :rasberry:)

I went from an '07 RSV to a 2010 Ultra Classic Limited. Feel better balanced at low speed because of the lower center of gravity, came with ABS and heated grips. There is no shortage of after market parts to "make it your own" it has a great Harmon-Kardon sound system with built in CD player (but no tape deck). On the road they are both about equal in my opinion. The Harley pulls better around town because of the torque but as anyone here will remind you the RSV will accelerate longer and faster. I was happy with my RSV and I am happy with my Limited. Bottom line is ride what you like and like what you ride but most importantly, Ride!

Better fuel mileage! A friend had an 02 road king that smoked my 06 rstd on fuel mileage. He averaged 45 mpg to my 32-38 mpg riding the exact same speeds and another one on an 06 electra glide avg 40 mpg.

Edited by jfoster

Never owned the ultra but family has them and Ive ridden them alot. Love the pickup on my RSV and even though everyone loves the sound of a Harley. I love the sound of my v4. Lower center of gravity does go to the Harley but I think the brakes are better on my RSV then my Father in Laws Ultra. The options are more up to date on the Harley. The cass. player has got to go Yamaha,come on. Get what makes you happy. I personally love my RSV. The guy I purchased it from wants it back.