IGNORED

1985 VR For Sale

Midicat

I'm thinkin' it may be time to move on. I am seriously considering selling my 1985 VR (no class system, no cb) and moving into a V-Star (would I still be welcome here?) I would really like to see where everyone thinks I should set the asking price. I don't know everything, and I think the collective may know more than me. (ya think?) I will upload photos when I unwrap it from winter storage this week. In the meantime, I have attached a photo of my '85 in front of Carl's '85 from 2009 Ride-In.

Thanks for your input.

Thomas

2 x1985 Venture.jpg

In June of 2010 I paid $2500 for my 89 VR with 23K. It was a Royale, but I has to re-

soldier the CASS(fixed). The Electronic Crusie did not work(Not fixed). It had new tires. CB/Radio all worked. Everything in really nice condition except a chip off the faring edge.

Its hard to say what will work for you as every area is different and we here north of the Tim Hortons line have a lot higher prices than the guys south.

An 85 with 120,000 kms and showing its age with bits of rusty chrome etc went for 4800 here late last fall.

Brian

An 85 with 120,000 kms and showing its age with bits of rusty chrome etc went for 4800 here late last fall.

Boy, they really stick it too you in the prairies. Seems a little high for our area.

Good luck with the sale. A lot of interest on Kijiji right now, see what they are selling in your market right now.

Brad

Just looked at Kijiji and there is quite a few 85-87's for sale in Southern Ontario between 3,000-3,500 so you need to be realistic in your pricing.

In January I posted my 99 and it sold in 3 weeks, but I think I priced it right or too low :think:

Brad.

Go for $4grand,,,, it does 2 things for you. First it tell a prospective buyer that you have a better bike, and second, you can always drop the price.

Who knows? there are folks out there who think that I ride a $20,000.00 MC, and for them $8k would be a bargain. You just never know!

I'm thinkin' it may be time to move on. I am seriously considering selling my 1985 VR (no class system, no cb) and moving into a V-Star (would I still be welcome here?)

Shouldnt be a problem at all, Thomas. I been going to the "marcarl" meet on my Honda for the last few years now, and i have had no problems....just don't understand why they ask me to park at the end of the field besides a pile of cowdung...:confused07:

:beer::canada: