IGNORED

Sturgis 2011

Guest tx2sturgis

Guest tx2sturgis

So who's going to Sturgis this year?

Myself and my group will be staying at Glencoe again this year in the Motorcycle-Only camping area, right next to where the sportbike rider got killed last year.

Departing Amarillo area on or about the 3rd or 4th, arriving on or about the 4th or 5th of August, departing around the 13th. Sure would be fun to break in some newbies! ( I mean show you around...)

Anyone interested in a meet-n-eat in the Beautiful Black Hills, post here!

Guest tx2sturgis
Yea Yea Yea....I fixed it for you. That's all I've got to do....just follow you around and correct your mistakes.

I figured that fancy smancy Ipad would have a spell check. :rotfl:

Well...it does, but I keep it turned off most of the time since I like to be 'creative' in spelling sometimes...it slows you down if you have to keep adding words to its dictionary...but actually I posted this thread from the desktop iMac, and it DOES check my spelling, but it draws a little red line under anything it doesnt like, and most of the time I ignore it...oh well....I got in a hurry...what can I say...

It wond EVR habpen aginn...

:whistling:

Guest tx2sturgis
Yep, Sturgis after International Rally. Staying at the Ride'n'Rest campground 6th to 15th :sign woo hoo:

Aussie Annie & Quickstep:australia:

WHOOHOO! I get to meet you!

Ride N Rest is only maybe, I dunno...2 or 3 miles from Glencoe entrance. Looks like your group and mine will have to rendevous at the Full Throttle Saloon!

Gonna meet an Aussie...Gonna meet an Aussie...:happy34:

Actually, riders from down under and other parts of the globe are there in droves every year. We camped next to some Germans last year. Wow...those guys could drink!

Will you be getting a USA cellphone while you are here?

Looks like I will be coming in from New Zealand (p.s. Yes, I love my work) just a few days before - I suspect the 'slight' jet lag will be non-condusive to boogie-ing on up to either Cody or Sturgis.

:bawling:

Maybe you can snap a few pictures while you are there. Although for viewing it would be helpful if I did not have a female friend accompanying me...

I'm planning on coming out. Will stay at Iron Horse again. I think I still have your number in my phone. We'll try again this year. Maybe this year we can get together somewhere. We went out to the Broken Spoke a few times. Was pretty cool out there.

Hello: We are planning on our annual trip to the black hills. We are only 4 hours away in Western Nebraska. My wife wants to try staying closer to Sturgis in the early part of the rally. Possibly in a campground? We have reservations back in Custer on the 11th, 12 & 13th. Hope to meet a few of you. I also hope to attend the Cody Rally? Take care everyone..

WHOOHOO! I get to meet you!

Ride N Rest is only maybe, I dunno...2 or 3 miles from Glencoe entrance. Looks like your group and mine will have to rendevous at the Full Throttle Saloon!

Gonna meet an Aussie...Gonna meet an Aussie...:happy34:

Actually, riders from down under and other parts of the globe are there in droves every year. We camped next to some Germans last year. Wow...those guys could drink!

Will you be getting a USA cellphone while you are here?

Sounds like a plan Brian. You'll always be able to spot me....I'm the big Gal on elbow crutches :big-grin-emoticon:

Yes, was going to get cell phone when we got to Freebird's

• 4 months later...

Riding 2-up from Colorado. Sunday night in motel in Hot Springs, then tenting Mon-Wed night at Buffalo Chip. Wouldn't a meet at the full throttle be hard to find each other? How about a meeting time at the factory Star tent along Lazelle? just a thought.

Hey, We are making a first run this year. Don't have a clue what's up. We will leave the 3rd and run up to Illionis for a couple of days ,then over to Sturgis on the 8th.

We are throwing a tent and sleeping bags in a trailer for Sturgis. That's the extent of our planning, are we nuts?

Richard

Hey, We are making a first run this year. Don't have a clue what's up. We will leave the 3rd and run up to Illionis for a couple of days ,then over to Sturgis on the 8th.

We are throwing a tent and sleeping bags in a trailer for Sturgis. That's the extent of our planning, are we nuts?

Richard

You arent anymore nuts than I am. But then again I just bought a Harley instead of my Tour Deluxe. Let us know where you plan on staying......

Guest tx2sturgis

Richard

Thats the best way to enjoy Sturgis....its called the 'Flexible Tour'....when someone asks what yer plans are, you say..."I'm Flexible."...kinda starts to have a ring to it....

With dozens of campgrounds in the immediate area, and hundreds within a 50 mile radius...you will have a lot of choices. Some charge by the day, others by the week.

Its normal for rates to be in the $15-30 per night per person range...so just ask when you ride up to the gate. I hear good things about the new Broken Spoke Campground but have not actually stayed there. Were staying at Glencoe, but they charge for the entire week, even if you camp for one nite.

I'm gonna post my number right here for anyone to call or text me during the rally...especially women!

You guys can feel free also:

8 oh 6, too five 2, one seven four three (already getting robot spam texts!)

As far as a meetup...well...I'm up for anything but prefer the Full Throttle and a meetup can be arranged anywhere...maybe above the burnout pit early in the day?

Or maybe a meetup at the Baggershield booth on Lazelle and 3rd...

As I said....I'm Flexible!

:happy34:

Edited by tx2sturgis

Hello Brian: We may have to meet you if you stop over in Bridgeport for the night on your way up? We cut our Sturgis trip short so we had time to attend the Cody Rally. We still have reservations in Custer for the 11th, 12th and 13th. We ride out out of Custer each day. We would still like to meet other members if possible. Give us a call 308-765-0167..Mark:)

Guest tx2sturgis
Hello Brian: We may have to meet you if you stop over in Bridgeport for the night on your way up? We cut our Sturgis trip short so we had time to attend the Cody Rally. We still have reservations in Custer for the 11th, 12th and 13th. We ride out out of Custer each day. We would still like to meet other members if possible. Give us a call 308-765-0167..Mark:)

Cool...We will probably stay in Bridgeport or maybe Cheyenne. Depends on which route we take, and that depends on weather and storms to some degree, as we can choose a route that misses some of the storms if we see unfriendly skies ahead.

I will text you sometime during our journey thursday afternoon and let you know what the plans and routing are looking like.

BTW...listening to KNKL online from Sturgis as we speak:

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/knkl

Sounds good to me. Thanks for for the shoutcast info...Mark

Cool...We will probably stay in Bridgeport or maybe Cheyenne. Depends on which route we take, and that depends on weather and storms to some degree, as we can choose a route that misses some of the storms if we see unfriendly skies ahead.

I will text you sometime during our journey thursday afternoon and let you know what the plans and routing are looking like.

BTW...listening to KNKL online from Sturgis as we speak:

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/knkl

Brian,

Sorry I won't be making the trip this year. This employment thing is sure biting into my motorcycle travel. I'll be doing good to make it to Vogel this year and it is just up the road from here. Miss you man. Maybe next year.

I'm thinking this working for a living thing is highly over rated.:doh:

Guest tx2sturgis
Brian,

Sorry I won't be making the trip this year. This employment thing is sure biting into my motorcycle travel. I'll be doing good to make it to Vogel this year and it is just up the road from here. Miss you man. Maybe next year.

I'm thinking this working for a living thing is highly over rated.:doh:

Hey even DragonSlayers have to eat!

Well if you ever do make it this way and dont look me up I will HUNT YOU DOWN!

:Avatars_Gee_George: