IGNORED

How many own a second bike

royalstar09

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am in a more unique circumstance. A quick trip around town includes 20 minuets of highway..each way. I like my big fat highway bike and haven't missed my smaller bikes that I have sold or given away. Maybe if I get old and move to town that will change.

So currently I am down to just the wing and the VR. The wife says the VR has to go this spring.:bawling:

Well, didn't want to sell the 2001 Triumph Adventurer when I bought the '06 RSV MV about 6 weeks ago, so I've got two "ventures" in the garage!! Try to ride the triumph at least once a week or she gets cranky...but I'm really lovin the MV ride...goin out for a nice 300 mile ride on Saturday and back on Sunday...I'll let ya know how it goes...

BigDawg

Edited by BigDawg
censored my b word...

I have a 88 Venture that I got last year and do love it. I also have a 69 BSA Rocket3, 75 Trident, 79 Boni, 60 BSA Rocket, 58 Ariel Huntmaster, 70 Triumph TR6r, 54 BSA, 64 Boni, and a few others. My wife thinks I am an addict but what does she know except that there are a lot of spots on the floor of my garages.

Right now I have a 98 Virago that I use for my running around town bike. I also have a 72 125 yami race bike, 75 125 yami enduro, 400 76 yami enduro, 92 Kawi Connie, 2007 Hyosung GT650, MM Venture and 80ci HD Chopper I am just finishing the build on. Every bike has its purpose. I have to sell them all and start over to pay bills. The Virago will be the hardest to get rid of as it does every thing well. Rod

Currently have two bikes. The VR and a '07 XL1200C Sportster. My son has a DR125, too. I am trading the Sporty (most likely) this Saturday, and there is a possibility that I will trade the VR in also if I go for the Ultra Limited. I don't have a need for two touring bikes.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/rentalguy1/DSC00064.jpg

Hey, yes like many here, I also own a second bike. Love them both! The RSV is the smoothest and Best bike I have ever owned. But, the Harley is easier for me to handle with my back problems. Each one has their own special advantages. It will be a sad day when I sell my RSV (give someone a great deal), but unfortuantly I can only afford one at this time. Later-

My smaller bike is the XS1100 that I ride all over. I told my wife the Venture is for long rides. Once I get the Venture in top shape, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to ride.

I do ride my sons CB450SC and my wifes XJ750 around.( I call them theirs but I think I ride them the most)

My smaller bike is the XS1100 that I ride all over. I told my wife the Venture is for long rides. Once I get the Venture in top shape, I'm going to have a hard time deciding what to ride.

I do ride my sons CB450SC and my wifes XJ750 around.( I call them theirs but I think I ride them the most)

I have an XS11 allso, so much easyer than the venture when i got to run to town and make several stops.

Well I have 2 bike also.....an 86 VR that I bought new.....and an 09 Ultra classic.

My daughters bike is here that I take for rides while she is in Grad. school....its a 650 v star......when she comes home on breaks, she wants it running and in great shape so she can ride. When I take it for a ride, it feels like a toy. Gil

Other than my RSV, I have two Triumphs.

Bonneville

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/glwt06/triumphbonnie001.jpg

I really like this bike. It's great for everything except for long distance highway.

I also have an original 1995 Speed Triple. Very comfortable, lots of soul. The only problem is getting parts is hard and it spends a lot of time on the lift. This is the only picture I have of it.

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/glwt06/triumphingarage002.jpg

It should look like this (photo off the web)

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/xx93/glwt06/bikepics-456111-800.jpg

I have a 2005 Venture Midnight and wanted something to fling around the Northern Arkansas backroads ( paved and dirt). I purchased a 2008 Kaw. Versys for days I want to ride without the weight.

Cb

Gotta love that Versys!

:cool10:

From reading reviews and looking at them at the dealer, I think that is a great bike.

I want to ride one sometime.

Is definately a good idea to have a smaller motor bike too, for puttering around in town or short trips, if you dont mind paying insurance for both.

I have used an 89 venture and my current Shadow Ace 1100 in town, and i so much enjoy riding the Shadow around town. With the big bike around town takes the fun out of riding. My personal opinion is, the Ventures are purely touring bikes.

Insurance is killing us here, though. Insuring both bikes costs me just above 2000.00 dollars....and that is just for 6 months of riding time....and i can only ride one bike at a time and have to pay another 2000.00 for the car, which is sitting idle while i am riding my bike. Go figure. oh, and i have a very good driving record without any points lost.:Avatars_Gee_George:

I switched to TD Insurance last year...they saved me big $$$$. I'm paying under $1100 per year for both my venture and the royal star, both with full coverage. Might be worth your while to get a quote from them.

gunk:)