IGNORED

How many own a second bike

royalstar09

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is definately a good idea to have a smaller motor bike too, for puttering around in town or short trips, if you dont mind paying insurance for both.

I have used an 89 venture and my current Shadow Ace 1100 in town, and i so much enjoy riding the Shadow around town. With the big bike around town takes the fun out of riding. My personal opinion is, the Ventures are purely touring bikes.

Insurance is killing us here, though. Insuring both bikes costs me just above 2000.00 dollars....and that is just for 6 months of riding time....and i can only ride one bike at a time and have to pay another 2000.00 for the car, which is sitting idle while i am riding my bike. Go figure. oh, and i have a very good driving record without any points lost.:Avatars_Gee_George:

I have 4 bikes. the 2000 Millenium Venture, the 2008 RSTD, a 2001 Triumph Thunderbird 855cc triple, and a 200cc Suzuki. Triumph has some electrical problems but otherwise was my around town bike. The Suzuki is a dirt road bike for the most part, but fills in for a quick trip around town bike.

How many are using a smaller bike for daily in town quick trips? I have been thinking it would be nice to have a little bike for in town running and quick trips close to home. Id love to have a small vespa typwe scooter as our town is really small and a helmet is not required. Just thinking outloud.
i've got a couple of bikes and a yamaha 400 majesty scooter. it gets 54 mpg no matter how you drive it, no shifting, top speed over 100mph, maintenance free, great weather protection, what more can one say. i love riding it. it's like a little cadillac. it will out run most cars on acceleration. you will need a helmet in mo., if what you buy is over 49 cc's, state law. 49 cc and below in mo., no helmet or license required, but you can't go on the highway with them. top speed about 35 down hill with the wind. as soon as the weather breaks i'm going to ride up your way for a visit. see you soon. bill :2133:

I would love to pick up a second bike just to have something to piddle around with in my garage. I like having something to work on. The problem with picking up another bike as a commuter, is I really like having all the storage I have with my RSV. I ride to work a lot and it's nice to have a place to haul my lunch box, store my chaps, jacket and keep a rainsuit for when the weather surprises me. So if I bought a commuter, it would end up weighing as much as my RSV.:Cool_cool36:

The RSTD is my little bike!

My GIRLFRN as noted on the tag is a 97 Valkyrie.

My wife drives a 05 HD Fatboy that is dressed out like a Heritage.

I had a '03 Honda ST1300. Sold it due to not getting to make as many long distance trips as I wanted and a tightening of the financial belt . Not a day goes by I don't kick myself for letting that one go.

Presently I am looking hard at a '05 HD VRSCA (V-Rod)

I have had as many as 5 bikes in the garage at one time while making the transition of buying and selling.

Others have been:

'07 Street Glide

'03 Honda VTX 1300

'03 Honda ACE 750

'05 Honda Aero 750

'84 Yamaha 400

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010307AE.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010301AE.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010309AE.jpg

The RSTD is my little bike!

My GIRLFRN as noted on the tag is a 97 Valkyrie.

My wife drives a 05 HD Fatboy that is dressed out like a Heritage.

I had a '03 Honda ST1300. Sold it due to not getting to make as many long distance trips as I wanted and a tightening of the financial belt . Not a day goes by I don't kick myself for letting that one go.

Presently I am looking hard at a '05 HD VRSCA (V-Rod)

I have had as many as 5 bikes in the garage at one time while making the transition of buying and selling.

Others have been:

'07 Street Glide

'03 Honda VTX 1300

'03 Honda ACE 750

'05 Honda Aero 750

'84 Yamaha 400

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010307AE.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010301AE.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x249/TearlessTom/P1010309AE.jpg

Beautiful scoot!

Insurance is killing us here, though. Insuring both bikes costs me just above 2000.00 dollars....and that is just for 6 months of riding time....and i can only ride one bike at a time and have to pay another 2000.00 for the car, which is sitting idle while i am riding my bike. Go figure. oh, and i have a very good driving record without any points lost.:Avatars_Gee_George:

Holy Cow! Even if you're talking Canadian bucks, that's HUGE! I've got an '83 Venture and an '01 Goldwing with full comp/collision insurance and it's less than $400 for both for a full year...

Holy Cow! Even if you're talking Canadian bucks, that's HUGE! I've got an '83 Venture and an '01 Goldwing with full comp/collision insurance and it's less than $400 for both for a full year...

I was thinking the same when I read that. I pay $1200. per year for all three bikes with full coverage, roadside, and even coverage on my trailer when towing.

I bought a Dr650 dual sport about 3 years ago for running to the store and not having to get the Venture out. This thing is a ton of fun. I have ridden it 400 miles down and around in Ar. in one day. It handles the twisties great and then when you get to the end of pavement you just keep going. About 95 for a top speed but it gets there pretty quick.

Let's see, my daily rider is the 97 tour classic, not so fast but man I love the styling. Momma's bike is an 02 FLHTCUI with a new motortrike rear on it and the little bike, I'm saving for one of my daughters it an 02 Kasasaki Vulcan. There's three daughters so I guess I'll be looking for a couple more bikes in an year or so.