IGNORED

Is Florida still in the US

Eddie

Been here for a few days and I think we are the only english speaking people,I did here some of that funny sounding Texas stuff. I seen a 99 RSV yesterday on 192 going the other way. I wish I could of put my scoot on the plane.

I was surprised in Hialeah in January when I had a tough time in the mall and in the Ramada Hotel we stayed in that the staff didnt seem to speak any English at all. It was a very nice looking mall and the people were dressed very nicely, but there was almost no english spoken anywhere.

One of the ladies in our group needed a hair styling and there wasnt a single woman in the hair salon that could speak english.

I knew that spanish was widely spoken in Florida, but I was surprised by the extent of it.

Brian

Come to Vancouver (aka Hongcouver) ... you'll feel like you're in another country (like China maybe). Every day I ride public trasit to and from work ... don't hear much english being spoken amongs the other passengers but there's sure a lot of other languages.

Fortunately tho, there's only a very small segment where there's no english spoken or understood.

When I worked at the truck shop, every truck with a British Columbia plate on it had a Chinese driver who spoke NO english.

Really??? That's odd coz almost every truck driver around here has a beard and a towel wrapped around his head... LOL

I was surprised in Hialeah in January when I had a tough time in the mall and in the Ramada Hotel we stayed in that the staff didnt seem to speak any English at all. It was a very nice looking mall and the people were dressed very nicely, but there was almost no english spoken anywhere.

One of the ladies in our group needed a hair styling and there wasnt a single woman in the hair salon that could speak english.

I knew that spanish was widely spoken in Florida, but I was surprised by the extent of it.

Brian

Hi, The area you were in is Spanish/Latin by majority. Up here in Central Florida we are RedNeck by majority!

Ron

I don't know about way up nort, but I thought that in the USA you had to be able to read, speak, and understand English to get a CDL. (Except in IL where it just takes an extra cnote attached to the application:whistling:)

That's how it's supposed to work..

The DMV will give you a interpetor to take the test...WTF....:bang head::bang head: