IGNORED

LED Headlamps/Passing Lamps

Just a heads up about these lights, they are sold as each not as a pair as per my order and discussion with CustomCruiser, they advertised as plural ie lampS, when I questioned them I was assured the $100 price was for two...opened the package today and found one....yea they made a mistake, pisses me off `cause I would have ordered two if I knew, now back ordered for a week

Soooooo I have a cyclops looking RSTD, see dramatic difference in the picture below...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The lights talked about are very good but these ones have replaceable lenses which started me down this road since I got a rock in the lens of the sealed beams that I had installed

http://www.grote.com/product.php?product_number=63821-5

Not sure how they compare but here in Canada they seem available , hell they had them in my small town but they have different LED count/lens pattern so not a mix and match IMO.

I have read through this and may have missed something. How does the LED headlight work with the audio? I understand that the passing lights have static in some instances. With my new to me sidecar I need to drop wattage since the car has a headlight also and two clearance/turn signals lights that are incandesent. The headlight on the car is not all that bright (smoked lense), more of an "I am here" but it does have a 55 W bulb. I think I found an LED to replace that with. What I am trying to attain is lower wattage so the heated clothing can be used without constantly monitoring the gauge and shutting down different power usage.

:farmer:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok with both Trucklite Par 36 LED lights installed using P Clamps mounted to the existing turn signal bar the turn signal lights are pretty much invisible when flashing at night...OEM turn signal bulbs...need turn bulbs to be MUCH brighter...suggestions?

Ok with both Trucklite Par 36 LED lights installed using P Clamps mounted to the existing turn signal bar the turn signal lights are pretty much invisible when flashing at night...OEM turn signal bulbs...need turn bulbs to be MUCH brighter...suggestions?

I found these to be VERY bright on my bike..

http://www.customdynamics.com/yamaha_turn_signal_retro.htm

• 6 months later...

Has anybody tried these as a replacement bulb in the halogen "holders" ? Instead of replacing the entire light housing.

http://image.pushauction.com/ViewPicture.aspx?Key=6ed5c0a4-9570-436e-a396-047b62f99676_22014fa6-95f1-4ae1-9606-d755f46477cf&H=200&W=240

• 2 months later...

They came off e-bay. A tad large on diameter and wouldnt fit thru hole for H3 in housing. I plugged them into the wire and they didnt seem all that bright. So back up for a little while and rethink. not worth ordering if you ask me.

I bought the "SUN SPOTS" from CD and attempted to install them. They would not stay in the OEM Passing lamp Housings on my 07 RSTD. I am not pleased with them. I asked about a RMA and did not get a reply.

I have given up on them and they are in my Saddle bags waiting my return from Afghanistan.

Gunner

Thanks. I'll stick to the full LED or HID.

BTW, any one has a comparison between LED and HID? Could be interesting to know.

I have the HID on my RSV, and hooked up with a Harley rider who had an LED headlamp on his bike.. We compared the brightness and 'reach' of the lights during the day, dusk and darkest of nights..

During the day, the LED headlamp didn't really stand out much at all, he has to ride with the highbeam to be seen.. The HID catches your attention right away, it seems (high or low beam)

At night, the HID had the longest 'reach' to throw bright light out far ahead at high beam.. the LED headlamp seemed to have a bigger splash of light all around the front of the bike (not to say the HID didn't either.. but the LED seemed a little better) With low beam, they appeared to be about the same, yet the HID seemed to be able to reach out a little further in some way..

Keeping in mind that the lens and housing of the two lights are different (the LED head lamp has a 'lens' to shoot the light through, while the HID uses your standard RSV light bucket.. The HID cost me $70 while his LED cost just under $300..

Personally, I would say both do the job, though I have to say I like the HID better for it's light throwing abilities over his LED.. and cheaper too..

Matched with the Sun Spots LED highway lights, my bike throws a lot of light to the front and sides, and the power savings allow me to run my USB charger, GPS, radios etc without worrying about the load on the bike's charging system..