IGNORED

She says "no", help!!

I want to put the stock pipes back on the Venture, tired of the noise but my girlfriend says "NO" she likes loud pipes?? Don't know how to make us both happy!! ha ha Any advice would be appreciated. She is going to be watching this one. DanC :confused24:

OK folks, you all asked for the photos of my girlfriend who likes my loud "PIPES":rotf:I really do not understand how this is going to help YOU GUYS give me good advice concerning my problem-- but by popular demand here they are. Taken at Bike Week, Daytona.

PS: She had to approve of these photo. She is still watching this Closely!!!!!! She also picked this color!! GULP!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Edited by DanC
Inserting photos

I want to put the stock pipes back on the Venture, tired of the noise but my girlfriend says "NO" she likes loud pipes?? Don't know how to make us both happy!! ha ha Any advice would be appreciated. She is going to be watching this one. DanC :confused24:

This is just a preview of things to come. Watch out! First its the pipes on your bike. Then before you know it, you got a pirate tat on your left arm and an 'orange and black' HD shirt. Next is your favorite Lazy Boy has been moved to the garage. Then she's got you wearing socks that match. There is just no end. It's a power grab! Nip in the bud!

:missingtooth:

First- GROW "SOME"!!!!

or...you could try to reason with her by using the old "do I tell you how to run your kitchen?" line of reasoning.

My wife would never think to tell me what I should do on my bike.

But then I very rarely tell her what to do with household things!

Reading this post made me realize I am a sexist!

But that is who I am and I am comfortable with it:whistling:

Ensure she reads "this" one..

How do you get rid of that loud whining annoying noise coming from the back of the bike? You get her a bike of her own!! hehe

Just remember, if you have quieter pipes, you might actually have to listen to her chat while riding..

however, what is easier, cheaper and will keep the peace 'tween you and the GF are a simple pair of ear plugs.. drowns out the pipe noises and also drowns out that loud whining and annoying noise coming from the back of the bike.. ;) (Just kidding, I'm sure she's a lovely woman...)

Now you know why I ride solo and don't even have the passenger floor boards installed..

Looks to me like....pipes are not the only things you need to change...:smile5:

:duck::sign chill out::sign just kidding:

I'm sorry but I can't offer any help on this. I'm in a similar situation. I had the RK's (completely drilled out) on and after a while on a long trip mostly pulling hills and a trailer, I got tired of the noise so I put the stock pipes back on. The wife says the bike sounds "wimpy" now and she want the noisy pipes back. Rather than put the RK's back on (yet), I'm going to try a pair of Khromewerks (used that I got from another member here). Some say they are louder than the RK's but I do know their "sound" is different so we'll see how that goes once I get them.

Guest scarylarry
try a set of RK's at the first or second stage - I had a set of Bub's or something similar, basically all they were was a set of hollow chrome tubes. Didn't like them at all so I got RK's and drilled the plug out at both ends, sounds GREAT !!

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that:

try a set of RK's at the first or second stage - I had a set of Bub's or something similar, basically all they were was a set of hollow chrome tubes. Didn't like them at all so I got RK's and drilled the plug out at both ends, sounds GREAT !!

Some say there are 2 plugs in the RK's yet mine had 3 .... one near each end and another somewhere in the middle. Once I drilled all 3 out, what did I have left? .... basically a "straight pipe" or as you put it, a hollow chome tube.

(I'm just sayin....)

I bet you are wishing you would have worded this a little different now.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

OOHHH Dannyyyy boy...now that I know she is watching this, just tell her the same thing I always tell them..."I LIKE MY BIKE LIKE MY WOMEN; SEEN BUT NOT HEARD!"

:080402gudl_prv: