IGNORED

My post was not political motivated

E-Fishin-C

Not me! Perhaps some just have dirty minds? LOL

Seriously though...

About the politics thing... If you really want to get into debates go to your hometown online newspaper... mine is the WWW.Wvgazette.com

Granted there are a few idiots on these online papers that try to ruin it for everyone but that becomes apparent in a couple of posts. Nastiness drew to the point the moderators are now screening each post...

I must be getting old because I always always taught to never say something to, or about, someone that you wouldn't say to their face...

Edited by CaptainJoe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to censorship...

If thats what you want to call it. Personally I am glad that the moderators regulate it. 1st and foremost I do believe last time I checked this is a motorcycle forum, developed to share a common interest in motorcycles initially the venture. If there was not some sort of control we would have more about politics then Motorcycles and is not the main purpose of Motorcycles to escape everyday stress and BS. If you want political discussion there are maney other sites to go to without cluttering this one up with it. Keep up the good work Don and the rest of the moderators.

:thumbsup2: :thumbsup:

How about you delete the "few members" as quoted that make things and issue. That would kind of simplify the whole thing.:smile5: :buttkick:Dig out the roots instead of picken off the weed tops as they say. OK OK, I don't know who they is that say that, but it makes sense to a country boy. :crackup:

I guess we go through this discussion once every few years. There is no censorship here. Politics were considered a topic that can and has ruined many forums. And there are plenty of political forums out there already that one can use to vent. One of the main reasons this forum is what it is is because of stopping political debates before they get overblown and feelings hurt. Yes, we all get sensitive about things, but politics seem to be one issue that can get pretty rabid in a very short time. If it aint broke, dont fix it!!!

Oh yea, vote for me and ill set you free!!!!!!:smile5:

(and I do accept bribes...cash only...small denominations please..no tape either)

Bottom line is that it's Don's website and forum and he gets the privilege (because he does all the hard work and has all the headaches) of running like he wants.

Bascially, when you're in someone else's HOUSE, you follow their rules, this is not censorship, but instead nothing more than common courtesy. And that is what makes a great forum, RESPECT and COURTESY.

As for SEX vs POLITICS...in my opinion there are levels of "sex" talk and jokes that can be appreciated by all as long as it is not too vulgar, but with politics...THERE are only 2 options, and we are either RIGHT or WRONG, LEFT or RIGHT and this gives ZERO levels of tolerance.

Don...you do a great job here. I don't see a problem with "sex", some of my best friends have "sex". :rotf:

I kinda wish that we could debate politics in a civil way on this forum without tossing names back and forth. I'd be really interested in hearing other's folks opinions.

I'm a member of another motorcycle forum and it usually stays pretty civil and everyone understands that if your post isn't constructive, that it will probably be deleted. There's one political thread on there that's almost 2900 posts long and it's completely civil. Folks are able to express their views without being insulting or throwing around stereotypes. I'm thankful for being a member there as I have learned a lot about politics and the economy from that "motorcycle" forum.

Personally I am glad that the moderators regulate it. 1st and foremost I do believe last time I checked this is a motorcycle forum, developed to share a common interest in motorcycles initially the venture.

Totally agree. I agree with Don's position where he'll let a thread go until things get into bickering. Rather than delete the odd post, better to remove the entire thread as he does... unless there is something usefull in the thread.

This is a site for RSV owners and other than the odd comment about "soup-er stars", people who can't keep their cell phones dry, or the occassional political discussion that stays within Don's limits.... lets all get along !

Envious of those who are starting the riding season already. We still have snow and salt on the roads.... supposed to get another 10-15cm tonight.

:Laugh:tolerance.

Don...you do a great job here. I don't see a problem with "sex", some of my best friends have "sex". :rotf:

As long its Happy in a GAY Way :rasberry: :Laugh:

See what happens when you sell a perfectly good Venture (well maybe not perfect, it was a second gen), and buy an FJR. You start getting irritated by the littlest things.

:soapbox:

Gary

Charlie, you and I went back and forth on this a long time ago. I absolutely do NOT understand what your problem is with the word sex. You feel that any post with the word SEX should be deleted. Since you had to bring it up again, it would be interesting to know if ANYBODY else here considers that a dirty word. Heck...even my driver's license has the word SEX on it.
sex is good, at least it used to be if i remember right. :depressed: :sign29: