IGNORED

Improve or "Go Faster" things for 1st Gen 83-85

Yammer Dan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. A question. The new Glassmat batteries. You can run them on their side?? Maybe standing on their end?? Could gain a couple inches in there if you could turn it over. Maybe even move it to new location??

You can run them in any position except upside down.

You can run them in any position except upside down.

Thats what I was thinking. Relocating it to the front with new cables could put it in that big hole behind the forks standing on its end?? Could remake a box to fit in there.

Lot to think about. Its Winter!!! And I got to beat that Insurance Company out of bucks for the garage or start selling 1st Gen parts!!

Edited by Yammer Dan

Thats what I was thinking. Relocating it to the front with new cables could put it in that big hole behind the forks standing on its end?? Could remake a box to fit in there.

QUOTE]

Figure this out Yammer.

I have a VMax air box I want to put in, and it needs more room on front side to fit.

Gary

QUOTE]

Figure this out Yammer.

I have a VMax air box I want to put in, and it needs more room on front side to fit.

Gary

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showpost.php?p=552006&postcount=26

QUOTE]

Figure this out Yammer.

Gary

Doing away with air box.

Working on it. The way that thing is made I can't see how it picks up air anyway. I know they don't like to run without it. Got a couple things in mind. A small 4- barrel carb would be interesting.

I am going to put a VMax air box on the bike this winter.

I am toying with an idea to create a 'cowl air induction' setup.

In the picture below, you can see that the VMax intakes air on the left and right side of the air box. Front of air box is on right side in picture.

When the air box is on the bike, it appears like there is clearance to run an intake through the side of the fairing pockets and direct air into these intakes.

Since I have removed my knee fairings, I have two unused air intake scoops on the front of the bike just looking for something to do.

The radio side looks easy, I have an aftermarket radio installed that is shorter than a normal radio, due to it doesn't have a CD player. The right side will be a little more challenging due to the coolant reservoir on that side.

Gary

http://i1007.photobucket.com/albums/af193/gdingy101/DSC01019.jpg

What would I want for a dream first gen? about 2 cents a lb.:stirthepot:

If you want to make your first gen faster just start pushing it.:stirthepot:

If you really want it to go fast load it in a chevy pu.:stirthepot::rasberry:

At least you were smart enough to paint that thing Blue.

But paint don't make it a 1st Gen!!!:whistling:

I'm sure you will. Push 50 feet then stop and wait then push then wait and on and on.:stirthepot:

Hey Mikey, you comin to Oberlin MD ??

If you are, I will give you a first hand look at what a nicely running 28 year old first gen looks like, You will of course see more of the rear end of the scoot, And unless you got real good eyesight, when I hit third you won't be able to read the license plate.

:rotfl: :sign isnt that spec

And don't get yammer started, he's done 120 in third, just ask him.

Gary

Hey Mikey, you comin to Oberlin MD ??

If you are, I will give you a first hand look at what a nicely running 28 year old first gen looks like, You will of course see more of the rear end of the scoot, And unless you got real good eyesight, when I hit third you won't be able to read the license plate.

:rotfl: :sign isnt that spec

And don't get yammer started, he's done 120 in third, just ask him.

Gary

Keep on dreamin.:stirthepot:

I am going to put a VMax air box on the bike this winter.

Gary, I'm intrigued but curious. I also ride a 1st gen bike and always interested in improving on what is already fantastic performance. What advantage would you gain with this enhancement? Better air flow? If so, won't that also require adjustments to your carb air/fuel mix and possibly modification of the exhaust system?

Just wonderin'...