IGNORED

how many more?

hipshot

Our local postmaster had an '86 of that color for many years. He wasn't a member here though. He told me that the official name of the color was dark cherry and aztec gold, or something like that. It sure looked brown to me. It could be seen at the side of the post office building on any day with clear weather. He sold it just this past summer, and for some reason hasn't replaced it with anything yet. I'm not sure why.

Skid calls his Brown Sugar, mine is just Road Sofa, the gold (Aztec Gold, I think) is the same, but ours are actually black with a red metal flake! (I worked for UPS, I've had enough Brown!!!)

Either way, 86 was the prettiest/fastest!:dancefool: :thumbsup:

There have to be a bunch more out there!

Not to sure about the various combinations. I have seen gold, the brown I have, and a darker brown. Can't figure out the official color names. Oh, mama like the mocha name. My daughter says that her proper name is Vivian Venture. She says it makes her classy. The various browns and golds did seem to be popular. Also the two-tone blue throughout the years. 86er has the same gold as mine and the contrast color is black. The 87 I looked at had the same gold and then a creme white.

J. B.

I had the brown and gold version. Technical color names of Urushi Black and Marshall Gold.

Did a complete repaint using General Motors White Diamond Pearl 4 coat process, the same pearl that they use on Cadillacs and Buicks.

I'd say that it made it faster, but 1st Gens are already so fast that any increase is beyond current technology's capability to measure it!:cool10: