IGNORED

"Oh, Doodoo"!!!!

barend

So last night I submitted an application for a part time driver job to give me something to do during the winter. I received an answer and everything screams SCAM!!!! I looked up the address and it exists, I looked up the name and address and one of the returns directs me to a 419 scam web site. E-mail, request for information including scanned DL, most of the phone number, the language in the reply, everything throws up red flags. This is just effing great! just what I don't need. It's even worse I got the "lead" through a online job search engine (hotjobs.com). The answer to my application was sent at about 0400 local.

Anyway, here's the response I received:

Thanks for getting back to me: I’m 39 years old with 2 Kids (James and Lily). I am into the Sales of Sculptures , Beads , Gold , and also run delivery businesses,goods carriage. I’m relocating to the state permanently very soon but I’m in United Kingdom now ,I will be paying you $450 every week plus additional $50 for gas ( Making $500 ) .I will supply you with more details about me later.... I'm also looking for two truck drivers,two delivery man,I have two truck and a delivery Van.Am currently looking for a personal driver to work 3days a week Monday ,Wednesday and Thursday 9:00 am to 11:00am (if you cant make it this days we can fix convenient schedule) I have paid for a Volkswagen Passat 2008 Model Car and it is waiting for me at the airport you will not need to use your own car as my car will be available all the

time but if you think you will like to use your own car that will be no problem. You will drive me to appointments , deliver letters ,parcels for me personally and take me around the city until those hours. Also you shall be taking my goods to my customer within the city. Please answer and provide to me all information’s listed below.

* How long know have you being driving?

* Do you have a valid drivers license? scan if Possible

* Are married?

* What your full name :?

* Your Full Address : ?

* City : ?

* zip Code : ?

*State : ?

* Cell Phone :?

* Best way to contact you: ?

* How old are you? (It does not matter how old you are just asking)

* Do you know your city area like well enough?

* Have you being in any accident? (Not a problem just asking)

I will wait to hear from you and also if they’re any info you have for me or any questions you have for me do not fail to ask. Do have a nice day.Best Regards,

40 Wellesley Road,

Croydon,

Surrey CR9 2BY

+447035966989

Fax: 206-426-6192

There are loads of scams on legit job sites.

My GF is job hunting and at least 75% of the job offers that she gets are scams.

These scumbags are preying on those that are already down on their luck hoping that their situation may remove some inhibition to take a chance at getting a job.

DON"T GET ME STARTED ON THIS ONE........

I sent him everything. I figure running beads,gold,sculptures has to be sweet for a job. Maybe get a machine gun mounted on the truck for the Gold running!:rotfl:The beads now theres a hot commodity. Back in the 1400's:rotfl:Sculptures,Huumm:scratchchin: are these made out of stone,metal,ice,plywood or snow? Because if I could just pick up some of these snow sculptures I've made and haul them to a store parking lot I bet I could sell-em.:mo money::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:Seriously, its a scam,RUN!:D

You have to follow through on this. Document everything. Then we will script a new sitcom - kinda of like "Outsourced" but based in America with hard working employees dealing with an Indian (from India) boss who is on assignment to America from his British Border Crossing career. I could go on.....