IGNORED

S.E. Houston Mini-Maint Day 2-19-11

pktexas

I was planning on attending this lil shindig but as I got off work this am with a seriously sore ankle, I figured I'd better spend the day getting off of it. The peach cobbler almost has me getting in the Blue Beastie and coming down for lunch but as I work on my feet, I'd better take care of the darn things.

BTW anyone going to take a look at the Roxie for Dave while he's taking care of family?? I'd dearly luv to know just what went south in that engine.

See everyone at the Kregerdoodle's next month!!

what a day for a little mx day. weather was just perfect. thanks perry & mollie for hosting this little shing-ding. had a great time visting & eating, eating & visting. as all ways it was good to spend time with the FAMILY. round trip to perry's place was 130 miles, got home around 6:45 pm. thanks again.

reguards

don c.

Perry & Molly had a great time. Learned a little bit but would not attempt it on my own. Thanks Don for doing a carb tune on my motorcycle. The food was good the desserts were very good too. Didn't have cheese cake but Kathy brought the banna pudding which filled the spot rather well. Can't wait for the Doodles Meet n Eat.

Thanks again,

Hal n Val :bighug:

Mollie & I want to THANK everyone for coming and helping us out to make it a great day. We had fun visiting with everyone as always. My friend Randy who showed up called me later to tell me that you'al were a great group was of people, of which I wholeheartly agree. Thats what I love about this site and the people you get to meet.

Can't thank Ponch, Kreg & George enough for helping with the work on my bike to do the valve check and adj. It is alot of work, mainly tearing down the bike and putting it back together. But I learned alot, after performing this procedure, would not hestiate to take it on myself the next time. Ponch also adjusted the carb floats which were out of spec. Got to clean up the carb real good too.

Got the bike put back together today and did a carbtune and went for a ride. Runs good. Here are a few pics I got to take, thanks kreg and janet for your pics.

Thanks again, Perry & Mollie

Sorry I missed what looks to have been a good time. I even see a big 'ol hammer was used! :thumbsup:

How far out were the valves? This was the first time done on Perry's bike, right?

Dave

Hammer time was for a couple of shims that needed alittle extra work to get out. It worked.

Went thru Ponch and mine shim kit of 275 shims, shims that came out were either 279 or 281. We had 3 valves that we did nothing to.

Your right, it was the first time for the bike at 62k. I kind of forgot getting this done when it was first due at 26k.

Thanks for the pics, y'all look like you had a good time. It's definitely a time consuming job playing with the valve adjustment. I wish we would have been able to make it, back was just not allowing a lot of traveling. We had a few folks show up here Friday and Saturday, aamcotrans (Rob Wynn) from Beaumont showed up Friday to get away from the rat race and the Boomer on a last minute decision came over Saturday to change out his rear trunk base as he needs to get the old one back to the dealer who has been really on him for it to send it in for warranty.

Even with just staying around here I pushed the back a little too much and I'm glad that we have Monday off so I have another day to recoup. We'll see y'all at Doodles MD next month :thumbsup2:

Thanks Perry and Molly

I don't no how to tell y'all how much I appreciate everything you did.

I no that y'all had me there Fri and Sat. to help with things .I hope that wasn't to much for y'all (I no I can be a hand full)

But i Loved every minute of it. Thanks so much.

On the otherhand.We learnt allot about your bike and how to do some things.

We all had a blast and I'm glad to see the bike still runes and I did not loos eny bolts

Thanks

George C.

Thanks for the pics, y'all look like you had a good time. It's definitely a time consuming job playing with the valve adjustment. I wish we would have been able to make it, back was just not allowing a lot of traveling. We had a few folks show up here Friday and Saturday, aamcotrans (Rob Wynn) from Beaumont showed up Friday to get away from the rat race and the Boomer on a last minute decision came over Saturday to change out his rear trunk base as he needs to get the old one back to the dealer who has been really on him for it to send it in for warranty.

Even with just staying around here I pushed the back a little too much and I'm glad that we have Monday off so I have another day to recoup. We'll see y'all at Doodles MD next month

:thumbsup2:

Brad had I known ya pooched up yer back I would have let the Dealer deal with that trunk job! I woudda been happy just riding out there to visit with you & Lonna and to heck with the scoot work. I owe ya buddy......:bighug:

Boomer.....who sez the trip did allow for the loss of one grumpy pygmie too which is fine with me.:whistling:

Hammer time was for a couple of shims that needed alittle extra work to get out. It worked.

Went thru Ponch and mine shim kit of 275 shims, shims that came out were either 279 or 281. We had 3 valves that we did nothing to.

Your right, it was the first time for the bike at 62k. I kind of forgot getting this done when it was first due at 26k.

Thanks Perry & Mollie. You guys really put on a feed!

Perry, correct me if I'm wrong here. Most all of the intake valves were below tolerance or right at the bottom. The exhaust valves were on the high side.

Brad had I known ya pooched up yer back I would have let the Dealer deal with that trunk job! I woudda been happy just riding out there to visit with you & Lonna and to heck with the scoot work. I owe ya buddy......:bighug:

You dont owe me anything bro, I was glad to be able to help you out with it

:thumbsup2: