IGNORED

An update and a goodbye, kind of.

atlm

Hello again everyone. I've been gone for a while, and thought I should share what's been going on. It's been a difficult couple of years, with good news and bad news.

A few months before buying our RSV, my wife started having unexplained pain in her legs. It got worse and worse, and eventually she couldn't stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes. Unable to work, she lost her job. After 2 years and close to 100 doctor appointments and tests at multiple hospitals and other medical centers, we still have no diagnosis. We don't know what it is. We just know what it isn't. And without a root cause, there is no way to fix it. Anyway, that's the reason we've been missing and our riding was so limited, even before we went missing.

The good news: We had a break through of sorts. We still don't know the cause of the pain, but one of the spine doctors suggested a specialized device to help mask the pain. She had the surgery about 3 months ago and is doing much, much better. We even went out on a couple of short rides on the RSV!

The bad news is that I don't see Venture-type (longer) rides anytime soon. The RSV is spending most of it's life just sitting in the garage, and I don't know how long that will continue. So, we've decided to sell it.

If things continue to improve, we might get something smaller in the spring just to do short rides, and hopefully we can meet up with the GA group again for breakfasts or lunches or something. We enjoyed your company and comaraderie very much in the times we've shared with you.

Hope things get better for her! You don't need to go anywhere. We are family. Anything you ride or don't ride is not what it is about. Keep us posted on how she is doing. Don't give up.

I've had a lousey few years and the thoughts of quitting are there but I keep looking and finding reasons not to. I rode less last year than I have in a long time and had a hard time finding the "want to" at times. You have to do what you decide to do but give it some thought. Pulling these thoughts out of my head because this hits so close to home lately. Putting up with a lot of things and some A**holes make me think all those years as a "Loner" were good. They were NOT!! Motorcycles and this site more than the bikes have really changed me.

Didn't mean to steal your thread just think it over. Talk with us may help. Get her more involved with us. It can be great support when needed.

Sorry this was so long. I'm not great with words. I got a great left hook.:confused24: Don't make sense at times but you and her will be in our prayers.

Mike,

It's unfortunate hearing of your wifes issues, I sincerely hope they get it figured out. As far as getting rid of the RSV, it happens. I have sold a few due to extenuating circumstances and have ended up with another one at some point. take care of Momma and know that we dont care what you ride. This website surpassed being a tech forum a long time ago, this is a family of bikers who just happen to ride predominantly Yamaha Ventures. If you need anything let us know, there are many here that are a good ear. God will steer you in the direction you need to be, we'll be here regardless.

Hoping that your wife's situation improves soon...her health is, of course, much more important than motorcycling. It is very stressful to be ill...to not know the cause makes it even worse. I would ask that you still visit the site...bike or no...this is a great place to "talk" with others. Good luck to you both.

We're here to help you along, we don't plan on quitting, so we don't expect you to either,,,,, and don't worry about the bike thing, let it sit, you just never know,,, sometimes God lets things happen, just to let us know that we don't have a handle on everything just yet, He did that years ago at Bable, and I wouldn't put it past Him to do that more often. Just put yourself and your missus in His hands, and all will be well, maybe not the way you think it should be, but well nonetheless.

Oh and, lots of folks show up here and there in cages,,,, don't know why exactly, but they do, so you have permission to do that as well.

Mike, all the best to your wife....I know the frustration of not having your legs work properly! But as everyone in here has stated "we are family" we don't care how you turn up for a social get together, as long as you still get together.

Maybe the missus should come and visit in here?

How about extra wheels on that RSV instead of buying something else? Triking would make it easier for both of you [just a thought]

Life is for Living....GOD Bless