IGNORED

Low pressure air pump

Mel

Any suggestions on where to look to buy a Zero to 30 PSI hand pump for the front fork air suspension. Most places seem to be high $ for the Progressive pump. I do the rear shock by starting up my compressor, running it up to 45 PSI and shutting it off. Then I fill the rear shock until the pressure is balanced between the shock and the compressor.

Any suggestions on where to look to buy a Zero to 30 PSI hand pump for the front fork air suspension. Most places seem to be high $ for the Progressive pump. I do the rear shock by starting up my compressor, running it up to 45 PSI and shutting it off. Then I fill the rear shock until the pressure is balanced between the shock and the compressor.

If I can find it, I have a 30 psi low pressure hand pump that I will give you. You pay postage. I will look for it on Sunday.

:farmer:

The people in this group are uhhh, rediculous, awesome, outrageous, uhhh, can't think of all the correct adjectives. Where else would someone get responses like this from comrades you have never met? KG, if jim doesn't find the freebie for me, I'll PM you about yours.

Thanks to both of you!:ice_thy-vi101212101:ice_awesome-vi46644

The people in this group are uhhh, rediculous, awesome, outrageous, uhhh, can't think of all the correct adjectives.

Yes they are. It's been more than a few times that I mentioned I had been looking for something and I'd get a post back or a PM asking for my address. You just don't find that much anymore. This site has been an inspiration in paying it forward.

Mike

:guitarist 2:

You can get a low pressure pump at any "SPORTS Authority" store or any where they sell sporting equipment. Its a small hand pump for basketballs and volleyballs and etc. Its also very light weight as I carry mine in my motorcycle all the time. Its part of my tools carried. Dan

45 lbs in the rear is a little high unless you are always carrying another person. I would suggest around 30 lbs for a little better ride when riding alone. DanC:guitarist 2:

You can get a low pressure pump at any "SPORTS Authority" store or any where they sell sporting equipment. Its a small hand pump for basketballs and volleyballs and etc.

Maybe the sports pumps are different than what I tried. I've never found one that has the check valve built in. When you're dealing with such low pressure on the front forks, I found it impossible to remove a cheap sports pump without removing whatever air I had just put in the shocks.

45 lbs in the rear is a little high unless you are always carrying another person. I would suggest around 30 lbs for a little better ride when riding alone. DanC:guitarist 2:

I agree with Dan. One up with a little load then 25 to 35 in the rear and 4 or 5 in the front. More load, leave the front around 5 and move the rear up to 40 or 45. I did some testing one time on a long trip, avg about 450 miles per-day. One up with lots of stuff in bags and trunk but not really loaded heavy, I rode all day at 35 rear. Did that for about three days and then went to 45 rear. The first day my ass was real tender compared to 35. Second day I kept 45 lbs again and before the end of the day I had to move it back to 35 to finish the day. 45 made just too much jarring on the bumps. My weight at the time was about 240 lbs. OK, that's my story and I'm stickin to it, but to each his own. And yes, the 60 lb gage works just fine even for the front. :happy34:

I agree with Dan. One up with a little load then 25 to 35 in the rear and 4 or 5 in the front. More load, leave the front around 5 and move the rear up to 40 or 45. I did some testing one time on a long trip, avg about 450 miles per-day. One up with lots of stuff in bags and trunk but not really loaded heavy, I rode all day at 35 rear. Did that for about three days and then went to 45 rear. The first day my ass was real tender compared to 35. Second day I kept 45 lbs again and before the end of the day I had to move it back to 35 to finish the day. 45 made just too much jarring on the bumps. My weight at the time was about 240 lbs. OK, that's my story and I'm stickin to it, but to each his own. And yes, the 60 lb gage works just fine even for the front. :happy34:

It all depends on how much your packin in the caboose. I weigh as much as 2 folks and run the rear at 45psi. Rides just fine....