IGNORED

Not sure what im gonna do..

1BigDog

right knee equals left hip and ankle troubles. Fix them before you end up with other issues from overcompensating with the other side. A little research and some word of mouth will lead u to a great doctor. My dad ended up traveling to Chicago from Cincinatti for his surgery and was glad he did. You will be riding next spring. . .

PT IS the answer. I found that a recliner is most helpful for pt in that you can actually balance a glass of wine while you dangle your knee over the arm of the chair. Then all you have to do is flex your knee and at the end of the glass just whimper a little about the pain and she'll bring you another glass of whine.

I found that about 2 hours of pt in the evening was good for a litre of wine every 3 days, so budget wisely :thumbsup:

Yep, falling apart like a first gen, Dan........:stickpoke:[/QUO

I been gone for a few days and missed this one. Now too tired to respond. Give me a few hrs to rest and think!!!

See, old and tired just like a first gen.......:smile5:

Ruffy,

So sorry guy to hear about your knees acting up. Hope something good happens to help you out soon..

My total knee replacement and she is a whole heck of a lot better..but once in a while she still has pain in them, but not nearly as bad it they were. She gets around much better then she did before the replacement. Holding up a cycle is another question though..

I know we I have joked with you many times about being the benificiary on yuor beautiful ride and I would hate to se it go also since you put so much effort and love into it.

I know if I was looking for an RSV, you would be getting a call..

I wish you well mmy friend. I too am having some issues with my knees and have been talking to my wife about my future riding...and I am thinking about it daily now.

I have had a dream all my life to jump on a bike and ride across this country and parts of Canada for two to three months going in all directions in an effort to find both ends of whatever road I take..

I still hope and pray that dream comes ture some day soon..:twing:

Spoke to SteveW yesterday and he sure convinced me. Took away any doubt that may have lingered. Steve, were looking around for a recumbent bike now. Thanks, buddy....:smile5:

Nice talking to you last night and the recumbent bike is the way to go as it really works the knee. Just start off with the seat way back and slide it a little closer every day as you can stand it. It will be tight when you forst start out but after a few rotations the knee will loosen up and it will feel much better after a few miles of using it.

Believe me it the best thing you can do for yourself. You will end up wishing you had done it sooner after a few months.

Steve, picked up a nice recumbent bike from Sears today. GTX 5.0. Tried a bunch of them out and this one fit like a glove. Thanks again for the advice.....:smile5:

http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/spin_prod_529985901?hei=40&wid=40&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0 http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/spin_prod_529986001?hei=40&wid=40&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0 http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/spin_prod_529986101?hei=40&wid=40&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0 http://s.shld.net/is/image/Sears/spin_prod_529986201?hei=40&wid=40&op_sharpen=1&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.9,0.5,0,0

I saw your statement about recumbent bike and was hoping someone knows about recumbent motorcycles. I ve ridden recum bicycles for twenty years now off and on. I have a bit of a collection of them now. The bicycle is good for slowly excercising your knee, but,, and this is a big but,, no pun intended,, recumbent pedalling tends to be harder on the knees than regular upright cycling. The seat back, tends to allow overpowering the knee when climbing hills. Since you appear to be talking about an excercise bike, you prolly wont be doing much of that. Take it easy on the knees, and good luck with the surgery. I had one knee replaced myself, and prolly wouldnt do it again unless absolutely necessary. I never had to take so many meds prior to surgery , as you described though. My replaced knee, seriously hurt for two yrs , more than it did before replacement. Probable nerve damage during replacement.

If anyone knows about a recumbent motorcycle, lets all hear about it, and I am not talking chopper at all, I mean something similar to the Dan Gurney bike, but with a multicylinder engine.