IGNORED

Easiest way to gain a few HP

Hello,

I have searched and read a number of threads and articles on horsepower and was wondering what opinions are on the easiest way to maybe gain a few HP that are easy and don't involve a lot of expense or time.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Air cleaner, mufflers, etc.

Thank you in advance Chris in Red Deer

Hello,

I have searched and read a number of threads and articles on horsepower and was wondering what opinions are on the easiest way to maybe gain a few HP that are easy and don't involve a lot of expense or time.

Any ideas would be helpful.

Air cleaner, mufflers, etc.

Thank you in advance Chris in Red Deer

More open air filters and pipes will give you a slight boost.. and drop your fuel mileage a bit as well.. Remember, this is a nice touring bike, not a sports bike.. though it's fun to blast the sports bike off the highway once in a while ;)

Quote: Nice photo, ever thought of RESIXING a 5000x5000 pixel photo down to a useable 800X600 instead? lol I know them horses are HUGE but dood!! lol

All I did was find it, copy and paste it. In "my time" copy meant something you didn't want to get caught doing in school, and paste was some white sticky stuff little kids used to hold pieces of paper together! And I thought pixels were some kind of little fairies? :2143:

go on a diet saves money and gain useable HP at the same time

A lot of us could most likely benefit from that statement.

And I would also try not to add anything to the bike that isn't functional.

I see so many bikes loaded down with all sorts of chrome do-dads, that I just have to ask myself, "Why?"

Chrome don't get you home.

A lot of us could most likely benefit from that statement.

And I would also try not to add anything to the bike that isn't functional.

I see so many bikes loaded down with all sorts of chrome do-dads, that I just have to ask myself, "Why?"

Chrome don't get you home.

I resemble that remark LOL

im a big boy

but all kidding aside there was a thing on a show i was watching a few weeks back and it was telling about the HP gain per weight loss

dray:twing:

• 2 weeks later...
Buy a Goldwing 1800.

That is what I did, so I'll have to 2nd it.

it was easy to do but hard on the wallet.

BTW the Honda GL1800's are on deep discounts, Honda is offering 0.99% interest for three years AND giving $1,000 in free accessories!!!!!!!!! what's not to like!!!!!!

Buy a Goldwing 1800.

bad fingers bad.

gregg:witch_brew::witch_brew::witch_brew:

Well,

With no ill will intended. At one point I had my 1800 Wing and 2001 RSV sharing parking space in my garage. I ran a little test of my own, entirely subjective of course but still my .02 cents for what's it worth minus the pejorative finger waving.

The only thing the Wing was better at was speed. No argument there. It never out performed my RSV. Never.

The Wing weighs more, got pushed around more in the wind and following a semi and was much more difficult to maneuver in parking lots.

One place I always laughed at the Wing riders were tight turns. The folks I rode with either dropped their Wing attempting the turn, or went past the tight turn until they could find a place to turn around and approach the entrance I am referring to from the south. (The access turn into the Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort on Kootney Lake, BC.) if approaching from the north. Too funny. lol...

Everyone makes riding choices. If you prefer the Wing awesome. I respect your choice.

Chris

Damn, dunno where your Wing riders got their training from but the guys around here are nothing to laugh about.. they will out perform a lot of bikes with those big Geezer Glides.. Several of them in our area were asked not to participate in "skills contests" at biker rallies as it shied away a lot of the HD riders from even trying out ;)

All kidding aside, A Wing is a huge bike, a comfy couch bike, but put in the hands of a capable rider who practices a lot, a Wing can keep up and / or outperform a lot of bikes on the road..

Just my opinion after trying to keep up with a few Wings in this area hehe

Damn, dunno where your Wing riders got their training from but the guys around here are nothing to laugh about.. they will out perform a lot of bikes with those big Geezer Glides.. Several of them in our area were asked not to participate in "skills contests" at biker rallies as it shied away a lot of the HD riders from even trying out ;)

All kidding aside, A Wing is a huge bike, a comfy couch bike, but put in the hands of a capable rider who practices a lot, a Wing can keep up and / or outperform a lot of bikes on the road..

Just my opinion after trying to keep up with a few Wings in this area hehe

Seaking,

I agree 100 percent with you on that. It is to be noted that the GWRRA is the only organization I know that has such a developed rider training program.

I think that any bike in the hands of a skilled rider will make the bike look like magic and also make other bikes that are no less competent look poorly. My point is that a lot of people who buy and ride Wings are intimidated by it and often are fearful of pushing the Wing and using it's unique abilities. I know two local Wing riders who refuse to ride their bikes in the mountains or on any twisty roads. I also know a Wing rider who was involved in a serious accident on a certain Alberta highway that could have been avoided if he had the least little bit of an idea of how to counter-steer. I will also acknowledge that can also be said of a lot of people who ride other brands of motorcycles as well.

I have a great book that is dog eared and marked from using to practice, practice, practice my riding. It is called Total Control by Lee Parks. I also had the privilege of taking a number of advanced rider courses sponsored by the GWRRA and the honor of being coached and taught how to run curves by a gentleman who was 76 years old at the time and once rode for the Honda Goldwing Phoenix Precision team.

I swapped bikes one day with a buddy who rides an 1800 Wing and when we stopped to get back on our own bikes his comment was, "Wow. I'm really surprised at how your RSV handles and the power it has. I had no idea."

Chris in RD

I swapped bikes one day with a buddy who rides an 1800 Wing and when we stopped to get back on our own bikes his comment was, "Wow. I'm really surprised at how your RSV handles and the power it has. I had no idea."

Chris in RD

I've never tried a Geezer Glide yet, I'm waiting till I'm past 50 before I'm old enough to try one out.. and young enough to be able to handle it lol.. Seen too many older gents get a Wing and then quick grow too old to handle it.. shame, ages catches up to us like that.

However, I consider my "Baby Geezer Glide in Training" to be plenty bike enough for me.. Simple enough to work on, cheap enough to work on ;) The Wing guys tell me of the pain in the assets their bikes are for working on, just removing plastic panel after plastic panel after another..