IGNORED

Lest we forget

Black Owl

I have a friend in Aiken SC who works at a funeral home who also rides and she says the families and those at the funeral home really appreciate what the Patriot Guard Riders do.

Thanks for posting this and thanks to all my fellow Veterans for their dedication, service and especially to those who have went before us.

I work for a large healthcare institution in Boston and we were recently told that beginning in 2011 Nov 11 will no longer be recognized as a holiday. I sent off a scathing letter to senior management that was completely ignored. I truly don't know if I will be working here next year because of that decision, but if I am I can assure you if I am I will not be working on that day, regardless of where I am employed.

It really sickens me that at a time when our country is fighting two wars, when our sons and daughters are dying every day, that an institution could make such a choice. there are more than 10,000 employee's here, how many have family serving overseas right now. Just bringing this up again is getting my blood boiling. My step son serves in the Air National Guard right now, and my Father and Grandfather are /were both Veteran's, WWII and Vietnam respectively. My Children will learn what an important day this is even if a majority of the country has forgotten.

Thanks for letting me vent! Have a peaceful Holiday on Thursday. God Bless Our Troops and God Bless America

Up here we call it Remembrance Day. We remember and honour the sacrifices made. The song " a pittance of time" was written in 2003 by Terry Kelly, a blind Canadian. We use it in " Two minutes of silence- a pittance of time". I just got back from a 1/2 hour radio interview about the Legion and its Remembrance Day activities. Two of us gave an hour long interview a couple weeks ago.

I am due to give a speech at the high school on the 10th. I did it last year and it seems to have really impressed the kids.

I think any company up here who refused to recognize Nov 11 would be publicly castigated.

Up here we call it Remembrance Day. We remember and honour the sacrifices made. The song " a pittance of time" was written in 2003 by Terry Kelly, a blind Canadian. We use it in " Two minutes of silence- a pittance of time". I just got back from a 1/2 hour radio interview about the Legion and its Remembrance Day activities. Two of us gave an hour long interview a couple weeks ago.

I am due to give a speech at the high school on the 10th. I did it last year and it seems to have really impressed the kids.

I think any company up here who refused to recognize Nov 11 would be publicly castigated.

Eddie Bauer stores up here advertised a Remembrance day Sale a couple of weeks ago and was forced to pull the ad and sale as the public and veterans felt it was wrong to use Remembrance Day as a marketing tool. I was glad to see it happen!! Most stores up here stop sales for the 2 minutes of silence at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month but there are some that dont honour that and I dont shop in those stores.

Brian

Edited by friesman

Never forgotten... never forsaken. I myself did 6 years of active duty and 4 years of active reserves and would not trade a moment of it for anything else.

To those who served before me... a million salutes. To those with whom I served, a million thanks. To those serving after me, who now stand tall in that uniform... a million wishes for your safe service and joyous return so that someday you too can be an teary-eyed, old veteran.

Thank you for posting that and to all the Veterans. Could anybody send me some information about becoming a member of the PGR? Thanks Mark

Mark,

Just go to the national website, www.patriotguard.org and sign up. It tells you exactly what to do and how to do it. Any questions, don't hestitate to call (my cell is in my profile) or PM me. Thanks for your interest in the PGR.

Don from PA