IGNORED

Re: FJR 1300

E-Fishin-C

I've owned a lot of scoots that top end was reached But the FJR its how fast it get there and its no comparision to a Crotch rocket,and I dont even want to try one either

Today I reached the max what the throttle can give "Oh what A Feeling What A Rush" How can you look at the speedo at that speed ,ll I noticed that the dash Lines was belonging Solid

ths was done one a old abondoned highway Yes The Deer and Moose were on my mind when I was travelling at that ..

whats scary is the adrealin Rush I enjoyed it

I really like travelling fast on a motorcycle, Boat and Snowmachine Yet I wont travel over a 100mph on a car ...." GO Figure???

I am guessing anything over a 100mph it doesnt much matter if youre ON the car or IN the car,,,,,,,,and I also don think it matters if youre in a car or on a bike ....at 100 mph , i think you might actually be better off on a bike if you are wearing the right gear.

Brian

I have found that going really, really fast on my sport bike is easy. Stopping is the hard part. I pinned the throttle for about two miles in 6th gear once. No, I did not look at the speedo (darn). Caught up to traffic and decided the fun was over. You know you are going way too fast when rolling off the throttle compresses the fork springs! Lightly touched the brakes and the front-end started to shimmy. Grit my teeth, firm grip on the bars, apply lots and lots of both brakes, slowed to sane speed.

I now have a personal top speed and will not go above it . . . 150mph :big-grin-emoticon:

I know many will chuckle at me when I mention this but I will anyway to you Charlie. I once owned a few bikes including one that rode and felt good at 100+ mph. I got to like riding at that speed which I did on my almost daily 50 mile run to my horses. In fact, I eventually figured that I liked it a way too much for my wallet and health, so I finally decided that I really needed to go back to riding one of my other bikes which had a sweet spot closer to 70mph, something like my current VR. I doubt I would have survived the other bike cause my own riding skills are just not good enough for that.

I used to ride an 83 900 seca with clip on bars and a sport faring on it.

The bike would do about 140...which I did on a regular basis and I just LOVED getting low into corners!

Then I started to realize that if I had a head on collision with a squirrel at that speed I would probably be dead or badly injured and I had young kids at the time.

Plus...it was not a very good example to others if I was to blow past someone doing 140 mph (in a 50 mph zone out in the sticks) and then pull into the Kingdom Hall parking lot!

So ....I sold that bike and caged it for the last 20 years.

This spring I bought the VR. Figured it was time to get back into bikes and a big comfortable touring bike would keep me slowed down.

It has.....somewhat! :smile5: but I still love the corners!

I used to ride an 83 900 seca with clip on bars and a sport faring on it.

The bike would do about 140...which I did on a regular basis and I just LOVED getting low into corners!

Then I started to realize that if I had a head on collision with a squirrel at that speed I would probably be dead or badly injured and I had young kids at the time.

Plus...it was not a very good example to others if I was to blow past someone doing 140 mph (in a 50 mph zone out in the sticks) and then pull into the Kingdom Hall parking lot!

So ....I sold that bike and caged it for the last 20 years.

This spring I bought the VR. Figured it was time to get back into bikes and a big comfortable touring bike would keep me slowed down.

It has.....somewhat! :smile5: but I still love the corners!

And juist how fast is a 1st Gen?? Don't know they don't have enough numbers on them..:think::confused24: