IGNORED

Not my best week

Freebird

I am so glad to be home for the weekend. This was a very trying week for me. I know that we all have them from time to time. I was in Pittsburgh, PA all week. Not my favorite place to begin with. It went downhill from there.

1. First hotel I checked into on Monday evening was having problems with their internet. NO NO NO....that doesn't work for me. Checked out and found another hotel.

2. Hotel number two was just fine. The only problem was that a bridge was under construction which required that I take a detour of a few miles every time I left the hotel in order to get back to it. Could have been worse though.

3. Brakes started squealing on the front of my company Caravan. High pitched squeal drove me crazy all week.

4. Every morning when I started the van it sounded like something was coming apart. I'm pretty sure that it is an idler pulley. It would quieten down once it warmed up.

5. Not sure where it happened because I didn't notice it until I got back to the hotel and was walking away from the van but somebody managed to run into the right rear and caved the bumper in. I'm pretty sure that it must have happened in a very crowded parking lot that I was in while visiting a customer.

So, this week is FINALLY over. I dropped the van off at my local repair shop for an oil change, front brake job and probably an idler pulley. Will take it to the body shop when I get a chance to get an estimate and then repair on the bumper.

Now I just have to decide where I'm off to next week. I had planned on going to Buffalo, NY but I just don't think I can tolerate Pittsburgh and Buffalo back to back. Maybe somewhere in West Virginia would be better. I'm thinking maybe Charleston.....we'll see.

Sorry your week was a bad week for you guy.

I hope some GOOD luck comes your way starting NOW...

I would think it would be very cold in Buffalo, NY, so I think I would head some place south too....

They say it is going down to 27 degrees here in Huntsville tonight.. BURRRRRRRRRR

If you come to the Buffalo area there's always Bongo & Becky's B&B, and swell dining companions from the area. Yes, Big Tom will insist on ice cream...

You can always bring that part taking up room in your garage and drop it off!

PS the forcast is sunny and near 60 for next week!

Not my best week either!! My mom died from lung and bone cancer on Saturday after a 3 month of finding she was in stage 4. This was devastating. Then on Monday night my Aunt (Mom's Sister) died from leukemia. It's been the week from Hell. Hope to never see another one like this. :(

Edited by ken

Not my best week either!! My mom died from lung and bone cancer on Saturday after a 3 month of finding she was in stage 4. This was devastating. Then on Monday night my Aunt (Mom's Sister) died for leukemia. It's been the week for Hell. Hope to never see another one like this. :(

Been there, my brother! It's not easy, but take comfort in the fact that the pain subsides and the best memories stay with you always. Trust the Lord to clear you a path, light your way and pick you up when you stumble!

Prayers sent for you and your family during this trial.

I am so glad to be home for the weekend. This was a very trying week for me. I know that we all have them from time to time. I was in Pittsburgh, PA all week. Not my favorite place to begin with. It went downhill from there.

1. First hotel I checked into on Monday evening was having problems with their internet. NO NO NO....that doesn't work for me. Checked out and found another hotel.

2. Hotel number two was just fine. The only problem was that a bridge was under construction which required that I take a detour of a few miles every time I left the hotel in order to get back to it. Could have been worse though.

3. Brakes started squealing on the front of my company Caravan. High pitched squeal drove me crazy all week.

4. Every morning when I started the van it sounded like something was coming apart. I'm pretty sure that it is an idler pulley. It would quieten down once it warmed up.

5. Not sure where it happened because I didn't notice it until I got back to the hotel and was walking away from the van but somebody managed to run into the right rear and caved the bumper in. I'm pretty sure that it must have happened in a very crowded parking lot that I was in while visiting a customer.

So, this week is FINALLY over. I dropped the van off at my local repair shop for an oil change, front brake job and probably an idler pulley. Will take it to the body shop when I get a chance to get an estimate and then repair on the bumper.

Now I just have to decide where I'm off to next week. I had planned on going to Buffalo, NY but I just don't think I can tolerate Pittsburgh and Buffalo back to back. Maybe somewhere in West Virginia would be better. I'm thinking maybe Charleston.....we'll see.

So, other than that, how was your week???? (ease up on Pittsburgh, there bud......don't make me come up there, lol!) :stirthepot:

My Mom and Dad were married 45 years as of Oct 26. I never forgot and anniversary. Dad promised her two things. One was that they would renew their wedding vows. They did that last week. The other was that he would finish his model A. He's going to fulfill this promise. Thank god, this will keep his mind occupied. He's not much of a people person and needs something to keep him going.

Not my best week either!! My mom died from lung and bone cancer on Saturday after a 3 month of finding she was in stage 4. This was devastating. Then on Monday night my Aunt (Mom's Sister) died for leukemia. It's been the week for Hell. Hope to never see another one like this. :(

Sorry for your loss, Will keep you and your family in our thoughts. All the best at this difficult time. Craig

Sorry for your losses! Our prayers are for you and your family!

Ken,

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I've been through a good bit over the past year or two but I try not to complain too much because I always know that regardless of how bad things may seem at times, there are always people who are going through worse times than I am. In the grand scheme of things, I have it pretty good. Please know that we are praying for you and your family.

Tom,

Don't worry my friend, I've got to get up there sooner or later. It truly does have to be SOONER though or it will certainly be LATER...I gave up on Buffalo in the winter long ago.

Yea, and at least there was a bit of good news this morning. One thing that I forgot to add to the list was that I got home yesterday and realized that I had left my laptop power supply in the hotel room in Pittsburgh. I called the hotel and they promised to ship it if they found it. So, I was planning to make a run to Best Buy this morning and probably have to spend close to $100.00 for a replacement.

I ALWAYS put in in my computer bag when I'm not using it. Well this morning I opened my overnight bag to get out my electric razor and right there on top was my power supply. Never put it in that bag before but I swear that lately I'm losing my mind. Last week I left my prescription eye drops at a hotel in Erie, PA. It was about empty so I just got a refill on it when I got home but I'm just doing careless things lately it seems.

Anyway, I'm plugged in again now so all is good.

Guest RawHide

Don sorry to hear about all your mishaps...you need to be around Good Friends and Tom and Bob will take care of the rest when you are in Buffalo. I agree better now than later and face the snow.

Ken Sorry to hear about your Double Yam Mo...Be thankful neither one is suffering anymore and they are together! My condolence are with you and your immediate family!

Joanna/RawHide

Well if ya want I can make sure you take all your stuff. :) So where do we go next?:whistling:OR should I just call you instead? :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:We could all PM you with lists if you want. Just here to help boss man.

Margaret

THere you go Don. A offer for help......:duck:

So...your real problem stemmed from dragging around those two extra wheels of that cage all week?

At least you weren't on your bike when whomever that was backed into that four wheeled thingie you were operating from.